or Connect

Posts by zippyh

$50 sounds about right if they weren't made in USA.Looks like the only choices I have are refuse the package and they send it back or to pay it and then file a protest.https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/919/~/getting-a-refund-of-duty-paid-by-a-courier-%28fed-ex,-dhl,-ups,-etc.%29-service
Alden of Carmel dude posted this drawing.
Whiskey Skye GMTO
Mine showed up today too.
I ordered the unlined PTB from Kafka and a Barbour jacket (300gbp + 138gbp).UPS just tried to deliver and collect $212 duty. I said "um, no" so the driver said to call and try to clear it up and he'd deliver later.Called UPS and they were pretty much worthless. Said the package was $900 and described as "men's clothing".They were absolutely no help trying to get it corrected. They said to contact shipper and try to get a corrected invoice.
Just about every state has a use tax equivalent to state sales tax for goods that enter from out of state. The thing is the consumer has to self report and send in payment of the tax and of course almost no one does. So for me, this is a 9.5% incentive to purchase out of state. But this reasoning is rather moot when it comes to Carminas since there's no retailer in Washington state.Also, welted footwear is supposed to be 5% duty.
Yes, I read that.And I'm saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually D.
Ah jes.Just got UPS tracking from Lauren.
The 2 initials are for countries. Stuff from certain countries have different rates than others.8.5% is kind of the catch all rate for most dress type footwear. Sneakers are at a higher rate than 8.5%.5% is for welt footwear but I've only ever had one pair charged at that rate and that was because the shipper messed up the customs form and the fedex guy called me and I had to tell him what they were and gave him the htc number. Note to retailers: The Fedex guy isn't going...
That's the claim.I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually D.E is the UK equivalent of D.