Posts by zippyh

Kafka softee grain Stows. After a day of wear, I can say yes, they're more flexible than the usual double leather commando Stow. But it's not like they're Gucci driving loafers. They're still plenty beefy.
I suspect the recent prices hikes are mostly due to the GBP being near historical lows. From the US perspective, they're the same or cheaper than they've ever been. I bought a pair of standard Acorn Stows in 2010 for 251gpb. They're 325 now. But in terms of US dollars, they're both about US$400. Crockett & Jones are pretty cheap for US customers too even with their recent increase. (I'm kind of surprised C&J hasn't tried to implement global price parity ala Carmina. Ain't...
They're the standard Ralph brown PTBs. Only about 16 months old.
Got a couple packages from the UK today. Mahogany softee grain Stows from Kafka. The lining honestly doesn't feel different than other Tricker's I have. But I did try wetting it and they were fairly water resistant. I tried wetting the lining of the Kafka softee grain captoes I got a few months ago and they soaked up water right away.. I tried the linings on an older pair of Stows and they did not absorb water. Maybe I'm too sedentary when I wear my Tricker's but I have...
Marlow PTBs.
Marlow PTBs.
Yep.
Ross varsity jacket with leather sleeves and the older indian head patch one I can't remember the name of. The other RRL varsity/bomber jackets I have. I have the sweatshirt jacket version of the kitty cat one too. The dice one bugs the hell out of me since the dots on the dice are wrong. I wonder if there's some significance to the dots.
They did a jacket similar to the Ross circa 2012. With a very similar arrow head Indian patch, all wool, with patch pockets. Style of jacket is like the one in question. I don't recall that star patch version though.
Cheers to you Olderfellow.The code was in a Kafka marketing email from a few days ago.Seems like they've been using some variation on CLEAR and DECKS as their sale clearance code for a few years now.