or Connect

Posts by zippyh

The made in UK Bowery boots are made by Cheaney. It's super wide but relatively short. Edited to add: they're on the 3224 last.
I just checked 7 pairs of my boots. Only 3 have the label on the tongue. Blind eyelets are uncommon on the country boots. But it's just an option. They're more easily found on country shoes.
Stephy is an open lace boot, those are closed laces. Do a search on L6439. Those look legit. Seems to be a lady's model aimed at the Asian market. One example http://maps2002.seesaa.net/article/226970249.html Seriously, who is going to make a knock off of a lady's Tricker's?
Sorry to disappoint, but they're shoes. From Unionmade.A boot version would be awesome though.
I got my Roys in the same size as I do for 4497. Although I was surprised how roomy they are, I would not size down from 4497 size.
Have you been to Tourneau before? If ever you wondered what it would be like to buy a wristwatch from a used car salesman, then Tourneau is the answer.I'd put Moulded Shoe, the Modified last guys, on your list too. And maybe Wempe instead of Tourneau.
Ocho PTBs.
I take 10.5US in Barrie and Tru-Balance and 9.5UK in 4497 and 9UK or 9.5UK in 4444 depending on model. I think a 9.5UK 4444 is going to be too big for someone who says a 10.5US Tru-Balance is too big.
Shoes are usually 8.5-10%.
Different goods have different rates. Knowing that your shipment was worth $256 isn't enough to determine the amount you should be charged. Look for the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule. It's a nightmare to read but you should be able to find a couple chapters for clothing. I think one for woven versus knit. Depending upon what you ordered, and more importantly how the retailer declared it, 20% for clothing doesn't sound out of line.