or Connect

Posts by devin

At the Clocktower Salvation Army in Herndon, VA: Oxxford DB gray flannel, 48R -- Rack nearest door, about opposite the yellow shirts A Field's custom odd jacket with a paddock style button stance in slubbed fabric (maybe some kind of blend, very nice), probably a 39R but with some bespoke oddities (center vent is very low/shallow) -- Rack nearest door, right up near the front opposite the white shirts. Some misc Hickey and BB in various sizes. Better hurry, the...
I have a made in US Trafalgar belt that compares favorably to made in US Coach. Very nice I'd say, holding up very well.
Can anyone suggest where to get a reasonably affordable (say, <~$60 USD) glove in the style here: http://bp3.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...lglovesweb.jpg Most interested in the natural color and the detailing on the back of the hand (that seems to be the hardest element to find). The reverse seams don't really matter.
Goodwill in Rockville MD (off of Montrose Rd) must have gotten a whole pile of stuff from the same guy. Couple of Brioni odd jackets, Canali jacket, Oxxford tux, Oxxford suit or two, some Brioni shirts, some Paul Frederick shirts, a Borrelli shirt, tons of AEs in 12.5 AAA, a pair of patent leather bals in 12.5 AAA. The jackets are 48R or L I believe. Shirts in the 17 range, I don't remember (too big for me). A lot of it had some deal breaker problems, but if you're good...
Quote: Originally Posted by batorizer (we're talkin gs-14s and 15s). Even those at the top of the GS scale are not sartorial or financial ballers, I'm surprised they even wear suits vs. polo/slacks. I try to always wear a suit when I fly for work. On a weekend, that almost always draws a compliment and has even kicked off a few good conversations.
I went to high school with a shirt/tie/slacks dress code. There were a few guys who rocked the sweater vest sometimes. It looked fine. I guess it stood out since I still remember, but not in a bad way. I agree with several posters who suggest that it's very much "image" based at the teen level, wrt what you can get away with. If you're a nerd (you'll know it), then don't do it, a sweater vest isn't going to help your cause. Otherwise, just wear it and if somebody calls you...
Scot, you may be asking for something that doesn't exist. The reason that Field's comes up all the time is because you're talking to a limited number of people (those on this Forum in the NoVA/DC/MD area) and asking for a very specific thing (a tailor who does quality work [90-95% as good as Field's], who provides good customer service by partnering with the client, and who operates in the remote suburb hell of Reston/Herndon). Here's another name pulled from a similar...
Yeah, the guy on the third floor (Mr. Sun's isnt it?) of Tyson's II is so-so in my opinion. Great turnaround time, reasonable price, decent job on some hems/waists, but he did a pretty lazy job (IMO) on the lining of several jackets (had them let out a bit to fit my gut). And he is not particularly open to discussion with the customer; I wanted one pair of pants with no/minimal break and he wouldn't have it. The language barrier doesn't help in this situation. Caveat: I'm...
I am no lawyer either, and the area seems a bit gray, but I think that falls into the MSRP/price fixing/price maintenance bucket and runs afoul of anti-trust laws (in the U.S.)
Sold! Love the way this forum works.