or Connect

Posts by clapeyron

Well, there goes my intention of donating $200 to wikipedia... I hope that doesn't weigh too heavy on your conscience...
        New shirt, new jeans. Indigo blue shirts grew on me this year.
 The slit fabric would be hidden on the inside. In the last step the cross hatched area when folded along the slant to the inside, will form a straight edge. I suggest folding first and then cutting.The entire necessary additional trouser length for a cuff of the height h and angle α would come down to 3*h + f*tan(α) and 3*h + 2*b*tan(α).  [[SPOILER]]  But I'm not a tailor...
   I'm pretty sure Despos has a niftier way that involves heating, stretching and pressing fabric but this definitely worked when I folded paper :O  [[SPOILER]]  On second thought a faux cuff might be 20 times easier.
 If by bevel you mean slanted hems or cuffs, I'd be interested in that, too. A difference of 0.5 to 1 inch in length from front to back should by easy with uncuffed trousers. There's also a technique to do this with a cuffed hem:http://www.styleforum.net/t/278243/san-francisco-alterations-tailor/0_100#post_5054998 I can make some drawings :>
1) those are slanted pockets, since they are slanted. The other option would be pockets on the seam, which I'd recommend for high waisted trousers, or as a third option frog pockets, which add a certain charm to work wear inspired clothing   2) ask for the button holes of this lower hidden tab (not sure what it's actually called) to be made as key hole button holes.
That twill looks very nice. Every time I enter this thread I want to make another purchase. Two voices in my head fight for control whil my index finger hovers over the add to cart button. "Go ahead purchase the fabric as long as it's in stock! it could run out any second!" "No pace yourself, let's wait for the odd twenty outstanding orders to arrive yet!"   I fell like a sartorial smeagol.
 This is one of the most iGent things I've seen in a long while (what's the SW&D equivalent of iGent? I'm just imagining the conversation with the janitor that finds you plunged to a pulp inbetween flights after you tripped halfway down the stairs... Janitor: "Dear Lord! But how could this have happened?"iGent: "The stairs were slippery! I could have died! I'm going to sue the property owner!"Janitor: "Oh that reminds me, we've recently installed security cameras. Let's go...
You buttoned the jacket on the wrong side. Men's jackets button left over right, women's vice versa. Look at your shirt as reference. Happy advent SW&D   [[SPOILER]]
That's just great! Young you reminds me of Larry Gopnik: