or Connect

Posts by recondite

I see, so there is a range of disharmony where some is acceptable and the balance intolerable?   Well, I guess I don't have as wide a range as as yourself.   The wearing a dive watch with a lounge suit, might seem absurd to the same degree as tennis shoes to some [me included].   I am content if we agree in principle but will continue to disagree upon the particulars such as the range of disharmony which might be acceptable, since I find only harmonious compositions...
  A robin egg blue or lilac shirt would take it to a different and I believe more attractive level, but then it would not be mono-chromatic or maybe, more correctly a-chromatic.   The severity of an a-chromatic black and white composition has it's purpose, no doubt.
  Sorry for the blast. I doubt you are a simple old soul, as I have never met one yet   In principle; a religion is nothing more than a system of a belief and practices based on that belief. So, everyone practices religion whenever the act from belief or faith in some idea, whether the idea is true or false.   Religions are best and most clearly identified when you identify them using their ultimate truth source: e.g., Christianity, Naturalism, Humanism, Darwinism, etc....
  I didn't.   Intriguing that you failed to quote the explanation I gave of criticism: "It is the same idea and creates the same image; one that is not harmonious."   Wearing such a watch with a suit is a disharmonious look. There is nothing about that idea that is an exaggeration.   The idea that the disharmony is no different than the disharmony created by wearing tennis shoes with a suit is not hyperbole, much less an exaggeration..   But you are entitled to your...
  Uh, it is not proper form to indicate a dress code on a formal invitation for anything other than a costume ball or the like.   Informally, you can do as you wish however.   Guests should know proper attire based on the time of day. It is a sad testimony about our culture that your guests may not understand what is correct.
  I can't help but wonder how much more sophisticated this outfit would look if the watch was a thin dress watch with leather strap.   I am sure it's your favorite watch, but I see no difference between wearing a sports watch with a suit and replacing your dress shoes [or in this case, dress boots] with tennis shoes.   It is the same idea and creates the same image; one that is not harmonious.
It was from NPR.   They have the adopted dual roles of agent provocateur and agent de change intent on creating and promoting a Hegelian dialectic to influence your ideas, hence thinking, emotions, and actions.   They always build their story on a modicum of truth, but their story is always the same.   All men dress to impress some idea upon you. Many men dress to influence or attain access to certain social strata. Black men are no different in this than...
  Interesting. I am normally a big proponent of 4x1 and almost against purely vestigial button in principle, But because the cut and your torso length, both look good and I am having difficulty in finding a preference.   If you will wear it primarily for business, I would go 4x1. If mostly casual as sportswear or travelwear, then 6x1.   That is a really well done suit and very good look for you.
  Thank you.   The problem you state, or "reconciling traditional Catholic Christianity with modern scholarship and scientific theory", is just that, a problem because modern scholarship and scientific theory are built on a foundation of naturalism, or Creation without a Creator. It is therefore incapable of being reconciled with traditional Christian values based upon the foundation a Creator.   The only reason why reconciliation seems possible or reasonable, is because...