or Connect

Posts by recondite

Looking for exact replacement of sunglasses that were probably discontinued 15 years ago and which now rest on the bottom of Lake Mead after a ungainly dismount at very high speed from an overpowered and heavily modified SeaDoo.   Brand: ? Model: Slim Jim, Slim Jims, Slim Jim's, or Slim Jimz Shape: very small trapezoidal lens, just big enough to cover the eye and lids Frame: gold metal, flattened wire Temple piece: skull or bayonet with downward curve Lens:...
LOL!   I can hear the thrumming of banjo music and I hope it is only in my mind.   The sad truth about the US, and where the rest of the world is now headed, is that people now regularly do things on the sole justification and reasoning that they can.   Their code is the one promoted by Anton LaVey, if you remember who he was; or, "Do as thou wilt"   Sad stuff.  
  Camel colored worsted or cavalry twills would be outstanding. Navy worsted or flannel. Bottle green or similar. Burgundy or brown.  All in winter.   For summer wear; cream summer weight flannels or navy linen trousers.   Various Glen and windowpane checks. Various houndstooth patterns.   Striped pants of every sort, lighter and darker.   What pants wouldn't go with it?   Don't over think this.   As for buttons;   For evening wear or business: silver would look...
We agree. I understand. Your statements were clear. They had nothing to do with my idea. They were all about me.   That by definition is an ad hominem attack or logical fallacy known as argumentum ad hominem.   Again, I remain un-offended.   Just realize that you did nothing to undermine my arguments or ideas, you merely attempted consciously or unconsciously to undermine me,the presenter of the idea. When you do that, the idea or opinion requires no defense and the...
 Yes.   The "how" is up to you.   The "why" is what must come first.   If you understand "why" then how and when take care of themselves.   It is always about the why.
Thanks for the clarification. I only have a handful of DB attire that are all configured the same, so I never took the time to understand the conventions for those that are different..
No worries.   I understand. But you do understand that you are implying that your argument was ad hominem, or against me, and not against my position?   I find no offense in this, just curious about why you would make that clarification, since we are discussing an idea and not my suitability as a presenter of ideas, or did I get this wrong?   Again, just curious, not offended.
  I am sure you are correct, but I a judging by the number of buttons buttoned in practice versus the number capable of being buttoned. But again, I am sure you are right, only because I do not know the convention for a jacket designed to be buttoned along the lowest course of buttons versus a middle or upper upper course.   So, you are saying the jacket in question is either a 4x2 or a 6x2, even when it is designed to be buttoned in the middle and not both middle and...
  You did very well.   I actually have used the same idea for informal evening wear upon occasion of informal gatherings and events, even to the point of wearing black tie with suitable waistcoat or cummerbund and formal shirt with a fine black and white cashmere herringbone jacket I wear with black trousers. In effect, my dinner jacket is the black and white cashmere sport coat with a herringbone half the width you would normally expect on say a Harris tweed, although I...
  A suitable metaphor only if the caca de la mosca is the size of a Rolex in real life.   We agree in principle that disharmony is both present and visible.   You would like to attack my position by pretending that the disharmony is insignificant, even while it is visible.    However, your metaphor that implies the disharmony is neither significant nor visible.   You can do better, no doubt, but why would you attack an opinion based on something that is entirely visible?