or Connect

Posts by recondite

I agree he looks great.   But the buttons are clearly not covered in fabric, which is de rigueur for formal wear.   4x1 cut and besom pockets are more than common with lounge suits and not a feature exclusive to formal wear   DB jackets certainly had their genesis in casual wear and not formal wear since they allow one to dispense with the waistcoat for lounge suits and formal wear, and the cummerbund for formal wear.   Can you see anything else that would indicate an...
If it is good enough for an emperor, it is good enough for me.   Self faced lapels on dinner jacket or black tie with lounge suit? What say you?      
  I believe that if the aesthetic were functional, elegant, and efficient design, construction, and execution, that both the following would be included by definition despite the fact that their design, construction, and execution are near polar opposites.        
  A great outfit, that makes you look taller and longer than the reverse, which would be darker jacket with lighter pants. Although, since you appear to be naturally tall and slim, you would also look great in darker jacket and lighter trousers, or darker sweater and light pants.   Those against dark trousers fail to see the virtues of dark trousers and they would rather tilt at windmills than do so.   Your style may be different from others or even most others, and there...
Of course it is possible to have an aesthetic that includes an appreciation of both 20th century and 18th century furniture. To elucidate that aesthetic might be difficult, but that difficulty would not hinder its existence or sustainability.   I, for one, would be willing to argue that both an 18th century dinning room chair by Thomas Chippendale and a 20th century lounge chair with ottoman by Charles and Ray Eames can not only be included within the same aesthetic, but...
  He'll get over it. Fill him with rum and put him in bed with the captain's daughter; oh wait!
But when there is a patron, is not the patron the artist, since the original idea is created by him, and the artist a mere technical adviser, as the interpreter of the idea?   In that case we agree that art is a collaborative process and that the weltanschauung of the artist [patron] is blended with that of the technician, who while, no doubt, using some artistic license to promote their singular worldview, is strictly limited by the desire of the artist [patron] for...
  It's a 5cm problem, so you are only that far away from a decent fit.   The button stance on the jacket is 5cm too high [maybe just 2.5cm; since one picture doesn't tell all the story]. Good luck with finding a lower button stance cut, since much RTW and MTM comes this way.   The rise of the trousers is 5cm too low, for sure.   The hem of the trousers is 5cm too short, again, maybe less.   The pocket square I have less of a problem with than the overall fit, although the...
  Reason one for a good overcoat and hat.   This outfit is all kinds of awesome.   I want to go to your club, play some squash, and sip six fingers of bourbon while creating world peace and curing cancer with you before we order a medium rare grilled equine steak or the lambchops rare.   Your "snow outfit" is a great change up and works well for you. It wouldn't work for me with my large build, I would look more like a Greek sailor on leave than a sophisticate such as...