or Connect

Posts by recondite

This is a very nice look, but it is a level below where you should be operating on a regular basis.   There is nothing technically wrong with this, it is merely unsurprising or intriguing. Some might say too coordinated or matchy, if that is a word.   At your level the flowers on the tie should be navy [but noticeably darker than the blue of your jacket] or even violet, but not the same shade of blue as your shirt. This tie would be better on a white shirt but best on a...
  This is a classic day look combining a navy lounge suit and all the accessories one would normally expect to wear as morning wear. It is a great look and much more likely to be seen in the UK which has great tradition of what would appear to be odd vests, although a buff waistcoat is classic morning wear and considered part of morning wear rig. However, the groom would in a UK wedding would most likely not abandon the morning coat and trousers for this look. This might...
  I understand, but have never seen one in real life. I am sure I could have them make me one with white mother of pearl buttons at my request as well,   So, what would differentiate a midnight blue DB dinner jacket with self faced lapels and horn buttons such as the emperor is wearing from a DB lounge suit jacket with the same features?
No problem. I apologize for any perceived attack which I did not intend.   Please define the Modern aesthetic from your perspective. I have no idea how you define it. But for me, it doesn't include the idea of minimal or lacking ornamentation. Feel free to produce an recognizable opinion that supports your position.       I did not include the manufacturing process in the aesthetic, so why introduce it. I have never seen manufacturing as part of the modern...
I believe that is a frock coat for wear about town or on business and not one designed for hunting.   A field hunting coat of that period would look much different, as would one for hunting on horseback, which would look more like a modern tail coat for evening wear until the pink [scarlet] and black riding jackets were adopted.   I could be wrong though.  
  Yes, the trousers have braid, which marks them as being formal wear, but you are wrong about the jacket; in my experience, buttons are always covered with fabric on formal wear jackets,   I have never seen any other display of buttons on formal wear except maybe no buttons on a link front smoking jacket with turnback silk faced cuffs.   Of course your experience, may be different than mine. So, when and where have you seen a tux, dinner jacket, or formal tailcoat with...
Really? First of all you are trying to redefine my aesthetic to include attributes of one that you hold as being "modern", so you are being illogical. I have missed nothing.   The problem for you is that my aesthetic includes many things which appear to be conflicting to you only because you lack understanding of it, despite the fact that I was explicitly clear about my aesthetic.   Second, what is it about the modern aesthetic that denies a modern designer or artist the...
Not at all similar. You wish to apply the same aesthetic to the a composite of the elements that you would apply to the individual elements All good clothing works is true, but all good clothing works together is false, because some good clothing may not work together; e.g., an parka for Antarctica in winter and formal trousers suitable for white tie. Both are good clothing that work, but they do not work together. Your a priori judgement is false.   I applied the...
Awesome!   Photos don't lie; contrast is a huge contributor to whether an outfit "works" or doesn't.  Most "pattern clashes" or failures are in fact contrast failures.   You outfit worked largely because you tie was relatively dark. Pair that outfit with a much lighter tie with the same colors and it would be a much less acceptable look.