or Connect

Posts by recondite

Seriously? One look at the ties the worn by most of the above jokers, and the last thing one should advise it is to use them as a model of what shirt might be acceptable to wear, much less which suit. They are the sin qua non of fashion faux pas every time they are on camera. Do some boardroom business in D.C., Boston, or Charleston, and you'll never be out of place with a button down collar shirt worn with a suit and tie, assuming the shirt is white, pale blue, or some...
I like them to dress sporty too.  
Are you going to wear it as a true sports jacket; e.g., while wingshooting, riding a horse, while driving a roadster/spyder or even spey casting?   If so, you may wish to keep the sleeves longish, so there is little to no gap between the end of the sleeve and any gloves you might choose to wear doing your chosen activity. Have your tailor fit you with your arms extended as you would when swinging your shotgun or holding the reins while seated. If you're a rider, you may...
 It's hip to be square. 
Always, and especially when the oxford cloth is a type of pinpoint or pindot.     Exactly. I guess many also fail to understand that appellation of oxford cloth shirts has the same history as the appellation of oxford shoes. Both were violent reactions to more formal attire that was at one time demanded of university students.   Applying the rational of those that believe oxford cloth is eminently informal, only balmoral boots should be satorially acceptable with lounge...
Not a law.   Laws must have universal application in the space time continuum or be true for all potential observers and not describe a truth relative to a particular observer.   This idea is merely a hypothesis with neither the color or force of law, and lacks the evidence for it to garner the status of thesis.   No doubt this hypothesis is only true for past threads originating with the OP.
  Looks fine to me and I am wondering how brown would look better here.   But then it would help to see the shoes in context with the balance of the outfit and the conformation of the wearer, no?   For example, if someone has short legs, they might be better to match their shoes to pants especially if their top is much darker such as a navy shirt. Then tan shoes would be an acceptable look and make their legs appear longer than they might otherwise with the above very...
  LOL!   You reading comprehension is poor. None of the shoes I purchased to attract paramours is black. Espresso suede, navy suede, midnight calf, but not black.   Just because one is an author, published or not, do not make one an authority.   My experience is unique, which is why I detailed it. It was my experience. You cannot deny my experience although you may choose to revile it.   Anyone, such as the author in question, that would recommend the purchase of a...