or Connect

Posts by C D Moorby

For those interested I've just updated this article at the bottom regarding Comipel Cordovan vs Horween Cordovan, including some comparison pictures between my Tricker's Mogano Brown Cordovan and Alden's Color #8. http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=1488   Hope this is useful for anyone thinking about investing in a pair. 
I recently enquired about an MTO Horween Cordovan boot at Tricker's Jermyn Street. I've heard it from many suppliers and now Tricker's themselves - Tricker's do not make shoes with the Horween product. They have a few Horween hides on offer, but I don't think they're Cordovan. The reason, I was told, was because Horween didn't always provide enough material suitable for boot making, so they stopped ordering it from them as they were unhappy with the supply.    That...
I can definitely testify to that. I've taken my Cameraman jacket off a couple of times and found my shirt soaked underneath. A jacket for wet, cold to mild days. Nothing warmer and nothing much beyond freezing.    I've noticed some of the later Cameraman jackets have linings in the top half… I would imagine this is a much needed improvement.    All that said, it's still my favourite jacket!