or Connect

Posts by Gruto

The suit I have in RC is from fabric, which I bought three or four years ago, 12/13 oz., 370 grams/m. The suit is well cut but I regret the choice of fabric, when I compare to suits I have in Scabal and Smith. The Dugdale lacks strength. Again, this is my personal opinion. I have nothing against Dugdale.
Well, it is my honest opinion based on experience. The Royal Classic is not as wellmade as Smith' Botany and Scabal's classic range. But, feel free to buy the Royal Classic.
Don't do it. It is too loose and soft for being a good city suiting. Choose Smith's Botany, Scabal, Lesser or some other validated workhorse fabric.
I'm not sure you can. The Steadfast is made from a natural blend of fine and coarse wool fibers, which is not common today, as I understand. I spoke with the owner about it, when i visited their basement in London.
The Steadfast navy blue hopsack made up:
Sorry, I mean it often needs a clothing brush. However, this could be a general "flaw" of a blue hopsack weave, I guess.
I have a reefer in Steadfast. Drapes very well. Collects dust, at least the hopsack weave I have. The Italian tailor loved it.
@Tonik: That is, the old strong tonik. Note the Donegal design, and the missing breast pocket. The right source, btw: http://www.the-journal-of-style.com
How to wear a Spanish cape: