or Connect

Posts by Al in Philly

See our email chain below.  Start at the bottom.    Maybe it is a language barrier issue?  I don't know.  I just want to know if it's possible to get that model in the Olfe instead of Hiro.       __________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Dear Albert, At this moment we don't make this model in Olfe last. Excuse for the inconvenience. Kind regards, Luisa > > Hi Luisa, > > Is it...
I understand that there is a charge, I have no problems with this.  Luisa told me that it was not possible REGARDLESS of cost.
  I initially had asked how much it would cost to get them made on Olfe instead of Hiro, thinking it would just be a money issue.  She responded and said it was not possible.  Does Pepe handle this?  Should I email him?    Is switching lasts really that big of a deal?  Isn't the same upper used, just stretched over a different last?  Would they need to cut a different sized upper?  it seems odd to me if they do.
I contacted Luisa yesterday about getting this model made in the Olfe last instead of Hiro.   She responded, very quickly I might add, and said that this was impossible to do and that they could not do it.  Then she apologized for the inconvenience - seemed like a nice lady.   Is this congruent with everybody elses experience with Meermin?  Are they just not doing any last variations currently?  I had thought they did this in the past.   Thanks in advance.
I was actually thinking the same price point.
Gentlemen,   Are these shells worth my time to restore?  They only need a resoling.  I can make them sparkle with a little elbow grease... and Renomat of course!   http://www.ebay.com/itm/261192014732?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649   They are my size, and tough to ignore that price point...
^^ That tie looks awesome!
Here's a bitter chocolate unlined, untipped, 7-fold piccola grenadine.  I hope this influences your decision to buy!  Wore this to a site visit today.  
Frank is right about Sherman Bros. and PA shopping.  I live 5 minutes from Sherman Bros. and they always have their shoes cheaper in store than online.  On top of that every Christmas they have an Alden trunk show sale.  Which is usually 15% off their in store prices.
Navy Grossa in the wild.  Double FIH knot.  Pretty standard options - 4-fold, lined, self-tipped. 57" x 3.5".