or Connect

Posts by Al in Philly

I asked the AE live chat people and they said it's just calf leather with a laquer on top to give a high shine.   Any other input would be greatly appreciated.
Gentlemen,   I have a situation.  I want to pick up these babies on the bay.  They are my size and they are a good price.  HOWEVER, they are not the standard McAllisters.  6215 is the model number for the black polished cobbler version, meaning they are calf leather with a laquer on top to give them a high shine.    Should I stay away, or should I go for them?  Can the laquer be stripped off with Renomat?  Do any of you have experience with polished cobler shoes...
  I like!!!  Wish those were made in shell!
If you're being a purist, then yes, this is the case.  However, you should see how some people dress (let alone the crap shoes they wear) when interviewing at my company.  No one here would fault you for one second for wearing black wingtips to an interview.  In the least, wearing those wouldn't detract from your credentials for the position.   I think most of us forget that the majority of society cares roughly 0.5% about their footwear.  Simply wearing shoes that don't...
^^ That sounds about right to me.
If you truly want to avoid AE for black captoe, you can't go wrong with Alden 901 or 907.  I have the 901's and they are great.
X post from AE thread.  
Restored Strands in the field for a site visit.  Glacage on the captoe.   
Links are no good.
Also, remember to never use wax polish on areas of the shoe that crease.  Only use on the toe portion and heel, unless you plan on stripping the wax off every couple of weeks.  See the shoe polishing thread for more info, that thread changed my whole mindset about shoe care.