or Connect

Posts by Al in Philly

I'm not in any position to do a custom AE shoe right now, but If I could I would definitely do a simple change.  I'd do a Leeds shoe on the 7 last (or maybe 5 last) in burgundy shell.  It's just a small change, but I think it would be a great looking shoe.     Alden fans always jump at the chance of getting things like the indy boot on the Plaza instead of TruBalance last.  Based on that, I think the altered Leeds would be a welcome addition to my collection. 
What last is the Amok on?  Sorry if this was covered.  Is it the 1 last?
  For your reference, I am an 9.5E in the 5 and the 7 last.  The length is very good in both, the 7 is just a touch more generous in the ball of the foot, which I actually prefer (the 5 last is pretty snug).  I wear a 10D in the 1 last, but i'm sure a 9.5E would fit in that last as well.
Not a bad deal?!?!  That's an amazing deal.  Are you leaning any direction for what you may want to have made?
These look very good!   Well done! 
These look very good!   Well done! 
This is solved by buying two pairs of pants with each suit purchase!!
If you need an interview suit so that the trousers will double with an odd jacket, you could go dark grey.  Not so dark that it's charcoal, just a shade darker than mid grey (you can see pics of my mid-dark grey on this thread or in my profile photos).  mid-dark grey pants will go with basically any odd jacket, except a similarly colored jacket that doesn't match.   DO IT!! 
I like the change.  .5cm isn't that much of a alteration, so it's not such a big deal.  Also, it's not really a noticeable change, more of a "Fit" change (unlike sleeve length, that is totally noticeable).    One thing I will recommend is that whatever shirts you wear with the suit has high enough armholes as well, or else you will be stuffing your shirt sleeves through little armholes.
I raised my armholes .5cm, and I'm 6'2" 180lbs.    If ain't broke, don't fix it.  I think the jacket looks good, man.   Now start looking at fabrics for the wedding in October that you're going too.  I suggest a light grey DB... with roped shoulders.