or Connect

Posts by Sevier

What's the longest you've had to wait for a parcel to arrive that eventually got there? Unregistered/tracked post really stresses me out.       I know, right? They really must think you're incapable of checking alternate sources.
Anyone know if there is a SW&D equivalent to this thread? Would be very keen to read books from that perspective too...
This is old hat to more artistically aware people than I but this 1970's documentary, "Ways of Seeing", is quite interesting. It looks critically at history of Western oil painting from the Renaissance to the 19th century and it's cultural role, but one definitely gets a flavour for how the ideas could be more generally applied.   First part of the first episode:       Playlist for the whole thing here
Two videos, apologies if these are reposts.   Interview with Iris van Herpen. [[SPOILER]]       Also, cool editorial video of Walter van Beirendock's stuff. [[SPOILER]]
This is heaps good. Thank you!
You're probably all sick of hearing about Raf, (and possibly a repost) but I thought this was interesting anyway.   RafBy Cathy HorynPublished: September 18, 2005 [[SPOILER]]
So, I hope you don't me derailing this slightly with a question: has anybody read "The language of fashion" by Roland Barthes? Is it interesting/insightful? Is it accessible to some with a minimal background continental philosophy or post-structuralism?    
When stores refer to 8.5 oz wool or 14oz twill, what area of cloth is this measuring?
I quite like the look of some minimalist/modernist designers such as Jil Sander, Raf Simons, Rei Kawakubo, and Dries Van Noten. What three pieces would you recommend as "essentials" that typify that style? No price limit, as this is academic interest. Apologies for the somewhat vague question.