or Connect

Posts by stadsvandringar

Some of us are in Japan too   Before I was in Japan I did the proxy thing and it's definitely the way to go, particularly if you go used. It's a bit more of a hassle especially if you aren't sure of sizing, but that's the risk you run for cheaper stuff. If you've got a shop nearby that carries them it's still the best way to check it out and that's the premium you pay. For everyone else I guess the internet is the way to go.   And no, I am not a proxy.
I tend to fluctuate between a 2 and 3 in outerwear, although I'm almost uniformly a 2 in shirts and pants. In my experience the 101 and kilgore both fit a bit slim as 2's. There's also some seasonal fluctuation in sizing. Last season's tees, for example, were much slimmer than in the past. I have last season's 101 in a 3 and it fits spot on in my opinion.   If it doesn't fit as you would prefer I would also recommend selling at a loss and going for a better fit. Not much...
I've got the Veilance LT blazer and love it. Like pretty much all Veilance stuff its very well thought out: highly water resistant and windproof yet somehow breathable and perfect for summer weather. I think the design is also unobtrusive enough to work well as a casual blazer. In addition to that it is the sort of jacket that you can bunch up without making it wrinkly, it does not attract lint and is very lightweight. I don't own an Isogon but I think it is the same...
What size did you get on the jacket? I recall that they fit pretty large. I really wanted one of them but by the time I got to the shop they only had a size 3 left and it was huuge. But yeah, yohji always begets more yohji.
Looks like the Yohji family sale is happening in Tokyo again next weekend. Seriously tempted to stop by, but my bank account will be angry with me. Invitations are getting bid up on yohji japan right now of course.
A bit late in posting this, but I went down to my local Yohji shop (Nagoya) over the weekend. SS13 is already at 40% off Japanese retail and will likely stay that way until they decide to clear everything out for the new collection. The selection wasn't too bad, although not amazing either. I think this is more a function of the Nagoya shop rather than the sale itself. I'll confirm when I visit Tokyo in two weeks. Regulation for men is in, although the selection is very...
Looks like the Regulation men's line is now hitting stores in Japan. I'm going to check it out as soon as possible at my local shop and report back here. Hard to judge by internet pics and I have no idea on pricing yet. Has the potential to be cool though.
Yohji sizing can be very inconsistent in my experience, particularly if you are looking from season to season, but even within seasons. Some pants are more based on height. These usually have a loose waist that can be adjusted by drawstring, elastic, or some other means. In my experience, recent size 3 pants that don't have an adjustment mechanism usually work best for 32-34" waists.   AAR, to my knowledge, is a now defunct collaboration with D'Urban, a...
Regarding anji timu, just thought I would stoke the rumor fires and add my own speculation. I'm fairly certain he's yohji shop staff. That's the only way to explain his getting very rare pieces, the knowledge and willingness to part with them for (sometimes) very low prices. There is a guy I know of at a resale shop in Tokyo specializing in Yohji that is in the same position and they also have quite a bit from the newer collections. Shop staff in Japan are required to...
I agree with this. I still go to my first yohji pieces regularly. That's what got me into the brand in the first place.   My advice would be to try and find it second hand first, as it's not really worth paying the dear dear prices if you're not going to be into it. If at all possible it does help to try it on. Also, I'd recommend starting with y's/y's for men first, as the pieces are basically the same as pour homme but offered at a much cheaper price. If you find...