or Connect

Posts by koreaderivative

Usually, if its a popular brand, just go to the flagship store to tailor it. If its a Brioni, go to Brioni, Zegna go to Zegna, etc. The prices they charge is quite reasonable. Also, since its their official store, they should have someone who speaks english. Although tailors in Seoul are hit or miss whether you do suit alterations, or get a custom made, what you are saying seem like very minor alterations. I wouldnt worry too much about them messing it up. However, for...
ah, sorry for the late reply. Ive been out of town for a week. Nina Ricci Suit for around that price is reasonable. You should have hustled them for some free socks.   Im assuming that you got a suit off the rack?? Did they not have your size at the store? I dont understand what you mean by them measuring you. I dont know your exact body type and measurments, but for me, Nina Ricci generally tends to be a bit boxy at the waist. Be careful about who is measuring you, as...
  If you buy a suit from a department store's men's section, they should do the alterations for free even if its on sale. In general, department store tailors alter suits better. I think its because they need reputable seamstresses to do work on their more expensive brands. Also, the guys are easier to deal with, and if they screw it up, they can always replace the suit.
haha. soju kettles. horrible!
Hey Dgsdm,   I hope you are enjoying your time in Korea!   I think the golden rule for shoes is NEVER EVER BUY SUPER CHEAP DRESS SHOES no matter if its for partying, work, etc. Shoes are just one of those things you just have to suck up and splurge a bit. Buying cheap shoes in Korea is a guaranteed regret. Getting 100,000KRW pair of shoes will kill your feet, and wont  last but a couple of months. And they make you look tacky.   Check out http://alexshoes.co.kr/. The guy...
Sucks Sartoria Min is closing. He is a really nice guy. I hope he will be setting up shop somewhere close by. 
Sheeepo. Based on your physique and budget, I would attempt to shop around Itaewon. If you search around, I bet you could get a MTM suit with Korean fabric for around that price...maybe could be about 100,000KRW more? If your main concern is the fit, which it should be, go MTM. The funny thing about korean tailors is the industry follows the laws of diminishing returns in alot of ways. At 500 - 600, Im pretty sure you could get a better quality, full canvas suit than...
I feel you. Its one of the results of an economy growing faster than the mentality of the people. China's worse. I think its one of the reasons why Korea has one of the worst household debt situations which is about to collapse. Kids here are willing to split three payments on their cards to get 400,000KRW jeans. Then they spend their other card trying to out flash other people in the Seoul nightlife. All en lien by the then rising real estate prices. It kind of reminds...
yup. korea. land of the luxury tax.  
I second gomjoon.