or Connect

Posts by redrock14

I don't think you'll find either WW Chan or Gordon Yao in the $1,300 range. I visited both and they're closer to the ~$2k and their shirts would be closer to ~$200-250 as mentioned by others. It seems like all the good tailors in HK are very busy which looks to be causing price inflation (although, I was very happy with Peter Lee's pricing).
I just had the followup sizing and was very impressed with Peter and his tailor. They made about 20 minor adjustments to the shirt they had and many more to the suit. Many of the tweaks were a quarter inch here and there.   Over the years I've had three tailors in HK and Peter was by far the most detail oriented. I usually like a very modern, form fitted look and I'm excited to see what Peter delivers. I pick up the order on Saturday (May 6th) and assuming there are no...
No, first time with Peter Lee. I guess large order is relative. I told Peter I was giving him a try and if satisfied, I'd return. If not I'd try my luck elsewhere. I've got my fitting with him this afternoon so I'll get a sense of his work quickly.
I just visited Peter Lee (Lee Baron) and was one of five foreigners in the shop (all very well dressed, which I took as a good sign). I ordered two overcoats, a suit and five shirts and it ran about 2.3k USD. Overcoats were ~$600 each and the suit, fully canvased was $710 with the shirts ranging between $60 and $100 US. Peter said he was VERY busy and based on how many people I saw at his shop it certainly looked that way. He seems to know his business and was very...
No, I walked in and six people looked at me and went back to work. Pretty cold reception but if they are as busy as they seem, they won't miss one sale.  
I just dropped in to W.W. Chan & Sons (26 April 13). First, it took someone about five minutes to notice me (I felt like a green bug wandering around). When I did get someone's attention I was surprised to find my 2 piece suit from Zenga material was quoted at $2.2k USD. In asking about an overcoat, I was given a range of $2k to 8k USD. Their shirts start at $168 USD. They did say they were very busy and that might be why prices are up. Perhaps it was becuase I arrived...
For those of you who want a real view of Rocky's work I've ordered three slacks, and six shirts. The first "test" shirt and slacks arrived yesterday (about $160 for the slacks and $80/shirt). I'm going for a slim fit and the shirt appears a bit baggy (at least when i compare them to the photo of Taylor Lautner of the look I'm trying to achieve). Yes, I do realize I'm not him but I would like the slim look.   Let me know what you think. The slacks are okay but they...