or Connect

Posts by Manton

Why not? We can't say this, we can't cite that ... what exempts that book?I guess you are unaware of the ongoing campaign to scrub or ban or "trigger warn" all offending literature? Which means, pretty much all of it pre-Toni Morrison?
I don't feel particularly generous at the moment, so let me just say ... I've kicked your balls up into the roof of your mouth (metaphorically speaking) at least three times in this "debate" and this is all you got? "Effeminate and pusillanimous" hardly does it justice.
As noted, I object to the term being ruled out of bounds, and crammed down the memory hole, because some assert that it later took on "racist" meanings for some. That is the same insanity that is now driving the "trigger warning" movement and that undergirds so much censorship. I know, I know, none of you are liberals. :yawn: But still, do any of you have the sagacity or sack to stand against the kind of censorship being advocated here? And, hell YES, it IS...
Dude, you need a better translation of Nick. Get Mansfield.
What a load of stinking garbage.Foo was called out for using the term "tar-baby", a age-old piece of American lore, and basically accused of "racism." I pointed out what the term actually means. No one has refuted that or even tried to deny it. They just object anyway because .... because.And you here attack whites and their "golf clubs" to refute my point that the original objection is all about the redefinition of language to redefine the past and use it in the...
There have only been two responses to my substantive claim. 1) Yeah, it wasn't racist at first, but these things take on meanings later. 2) Wow. Just wow. Manton is crazy. The first is a concession. The second is vapor.
I am tired of officious little busybodies wagging their fingers in our faces and telling us what we can and cannot say.I am tired of these ignoramus morons redefining a past they know nothing about.I am tired of the Social Justice Warriors who troll the Internet looking for things to get offended over.I am tired of the default assumption being that all of American life is "racist" and we all need constantly to walk on eggshells because America is so deeply compromised that...
I also need to add, of course, that THIS IS THE MOST PRESSING ISSUE IN AMERICA!!!!! MICHAEL BROWN!!!! TRAYVON!!!!! BLACK BODIES DYING IN THE STREETS!!!!! BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID "TAR BABY" WE KNOW HOW RACIST AMERICA IS!!!! THAT'S WHY THEY DIED!!!!!!
Why do you insist on talking when you don't know what you are talking about? I understand that it makes you feel better to flaunt your superior sensitivity over my trogladism, but if you had any sense you would also be mildly embarrassed that I know what I am talking about and you don't. And yet you keep blabbering.
Let's put trigger warnings on posts. Or better yet, word filters. I read Huck Finn. I liked it. Twain uses the N word. I am a bad person! I once said "niggardly" to mean "cheapskate". Gulag! I ordered a Negro Modelo at a taco stand. Racist!