or Connect

Posts by Manton

My thought is that moleskin will be a little too dense and unyielding. Alpaca is great because it can be woven very loose and still insulate well, and it doesn't pill.
I like the cloth a lot and the way it performs, but it just doesn't work for me in the heat. The blue jacket is the definitely the most versatile piece, because even in brisk weather, with a shirt under it, it's comfortable. But wearing the pants with it on a windy, 60 degree day--you will feel a chill, no question. I have a length of some crazy Lesser 14 ounce mohair blend in a fresco weave--it's gorgeous cloth but among the most impractical I've ever bought. I really...
Supposedly, 100% mohair is prone to cracking. I have no experience with the stuff, but that's what tailors say.
I like the look of mohair, or some mohair--not the greaseball 60s mohair but the more refined stuff. I got one mohair suit that is quite nice looking but wears too hot for real summer heat. But it looks super-summery. So it gets worn a few times in late spring and on the rare mild summer days. I had one other piece of very pretty lesser light gray mohair but I traded it to T4 (I don't know if he ever made it or not) and got a light gray minnis fresco 8 oz instead. ...
I've avoided Finnmeresco because of the weight issue. I actually have 3 suits from Minnis 9.5/10 fresco and find it unwearable in summer. Given the way the weather in NY has been the last few years, these suits don't get much wear because the "tween" seasons seem to be about two weeks/year. Though, the navy BlazerSuit™ jacket gets a lot of wear in NorCal and elsewhere. When Finnmeresco first came out (2007?) it was all 12 ounces and I thought "this cannot be good." ...
philosophe!!!
I take it you're saying I suck? Well, if so, you'd be right. New Paltz, not that far away. Maybe I should do this.
3800 in 90 minutes.
I heard from him.
I will say this: at $200 or whatever it goes for, I like it a lot more than all the cult cabs that go for 2-4x the price.