or Connect

Posts by Manton

12 is about right for gab. It's an odd cloth though. hot at any weight. if made too light, it doesn't perform well at all. At 12 ounces, it hangs nicely but it's a niche suit.
I just got this spam email selling 2010 Drouhin Clos de Beze (which I have no doubt is a great wine), but the recommended drinking window is "Drink between 2022-2100". Well, that narrows it down!
I can't see buying it myself, but if someone served it, I would happily drink it.
I think Grange gets even more expensive than that. Never had it, myself.
I don't wear stays.
When I have beer, which is not that often, I seem always to have the same half dozen or so brands.
Or, if you want to get some older wines at decent prices, try a vertical of BV PR or Mondavi PR. They won't break the bank, to say the least. You can easily find them back into the 80s and they are very drinkable now.
Bachelet Gevery or Corbeaux. Should be able to get any vintagne for under $200. Never yet had a bad one. Charmes is well above $200 these days.
Ridge Monte Bello.
I was thinking, use the woody ends to make a broth, then strain and reserve the liquid. Then sweat some leek in butter, add the tops and sweat, cover with the broth, simmer until soft, blend, pass through chinois. Maybe a little cream after that. Save a few peelings and fry, use that as a garnish. Maybe some pancetta too.