or Connect

Posts by Manton

too lean because of hibernation?
According to one of my old cookbooks, it was a traditional hunter's feast in rural France.
You could always go to Putnam and try to catch it.
TV news said it was going to be examined by a vet and then released into a state park in Putnam County.
A bear was caught in my neighborhood overnight.
well I have to back to Greg's anyway, and tie crafters is right near there. Then they will ship the ties back to me. Not so hard.
This just never ends. Of the service providors mentioned--cleaners, tailors, reweavers, shoe repair, and Tie Crafters--I have to go see them all. Ugh.
Well, for instance, a camel hair odd jacket is an American-trad staple (though not done in Europe, AFAIK), and so it qualifies as "classic" or canonical or whatever, but I have always thought it really goes with nothing. The standard pairing with navy pants is just abysmal. The upside down California Tux.
In general I don't like any combo in which the pants are darker than the coat. The one exception I can think of is a B&W plaid coat, which gives off a lightish vibe, with solid gray pants. I used to love those AA drawings showing gray flannel coats with white flannel pants and I even bought white flannel pants just for that reason. Since then I have actualy worn the combo exactly zero times.
What is this heresy?