or Connect

Posts by Manton

2010 was like the greatest brunello vintage of all time. I've yet to have even tasted a bad one.
I have. Turned around between visits (so ~3 months), no problems.
That just tasted oxy to me.
that's a barleycorn, I don't really think it's a donegal
The list, I have to say again, was really good. Plenty of aged wine at reasonable prices. Got a split of Krug, 2000 single vineyard Austrian Riesling chosen by the somm, and a 1989 Ch. Fieuzual. And, just because he was a nice guy, he poured us some very large pours of a spectacular 1973 Alsatian because he thought we would like it. We did! first one was 2000 Jamek, Ried Klaus, second one was 1973 Louis Sipp Kirchberg. Interestingly the younger one was deep yellow...
I've been for lunch, possibly more often than I've been for dinner. I love that place. It helps that it's so convenient to my office, but it is also genuinely awesome.
Burgundy truffles will be in season. They are better than summer truffles, but not as good as winter. Speaking of which, I went to The Modern last night. one dish was a black truffle tortellini. Damn fine. All in, i'd say it was a hair less great than EMP, but still really great. Reasonably good value too for what you get (a lot). And a nice wine list that does not insult the diner on every page.
My son is 4 and even he uses the bathroom. However, one could see excusing a 3 year old. But these people in SF are grown men. What's their excuse?
So basically, the point is that SFers have regressed to pre-civilizational norms, and anyone who finds this regrettable is a reactionary or prude?
I don't use cast iron, but I do sear it on the stovetop. However, I have a really good hood. (Finally)