or Connect

Posts by Manton

My kitchen is now cleaner than an operating room. Unfortunately I broke my stove in the process. I am also, at long last, getting a new hood.
at least it's not (yet) humid.
Wiemer 2008 Semi-dry. This is basically perfect right now. Fully mature and lots of petrol. I would buy crate after crate of this if I had somewhere to put it.
Clos Du Val is a pretty good Bord copy, however. Perhaps a little overpriced for what it is, but I am happy to pay $20 for it (though not $30).
"He who payeth over $10 for Antico ist un dipshit"They seem to think that Cab Franc is going to be their thing, but so far I am not impressed.
2011 wasn't "bad" it was just below the standards that Napa has gotten used to over the last 20 years, when every vintage is billed as "spectacular." I can't give any great advice here. But I will note that a couple of times I have gone to tastings and tried young wines that critics were raving about. E.g., 2005 Las Cases, and I could discern absolutely nothing about them, they were wound up soooooo tight.
I am really into philosophy and I can't imagine why anyone would even go to that thing, much less wait in line.
I have not.
I don't know, I've never heard of him.
I would go if they let me give a lecture on Machiavelli or Xenophon.