or Connect

Posts by Manton

the pacific is warm in Hawaii. Also, you people complaining about LA water temps are pussies. everything below Point Conception heats up by 20 degrees at least. In the summer, the water around the Channel Islands is fantastic. San Diego is very nice too.
I loooooove old Bord more than most, but I drink a ton of sub $15 Bord within five years of the vintage. There are some '10s that are just fine right now. They were just not made to age, and priced accordingly. I doubt these low end bottles would even last 25 years. Most can make it 10, but I don't think they get a great deal better. IME with these cheapies (I have sampled very few upper end '09s or '10s), the '09s are better. Softer, more ready now. Sadly, they're...
what is a "useful" beach? anyway, SC beaches are awesome. The chick quality is no longer great, however. I am not sure what caused that, maybe skin cancer scares? The town does not seem substantially more hippie than it was in the 80s, and it's more overrun by tourists than ever.
Meh. Santa Cruz is way better.
Feels like 10,000% humidity here. Been like this all week.
How many days between now and Halloween will it not be necessary to carry an umbrella? 4? Less?
you don't really realize how loud New York is until you try to walk somewhere listening to a lecture on your iPod. Just impossible.
I guess I don't make gelees and for my sauces I either start with an espagnole, or reduce until thick enough.
I've done this and I didn't find it all that useful. Pig's feet, too.
I meant more like, "Oh, wow, this must be latest thing in modernist cuisine, eat the shell, I wonder how he prepared it to make it edible?" OWW! ICK! etc.