or Connect

Posts by Manton

And one can actually make money at it? Sounds ideal for me.
So, it's the Ecoffier recipe, basically. First you make stock. It can be any brown stock, but it's typically beef or veal or a combo. That is veal, mostly the big leg joints which give a lot of gelatin, plus a pig’s foot, which has tons of gelatin. All the bones get roasted until very brown and then the veg, plus tomato paste, and it goes on the fire for 12-15 hours at the lowest possible simmer. You add, but don’t roast, chopped tomato and an herb bouquet. For a big...
Espagnole Canard a l'Orange Demi-glace, the old-fashioned way Dry-aged Delmonico, sauce Bordelaise, wild mushrooms, Pommes Darphin, creamed spinach. Basically, a home-cooked steakhouse meal, in honor of SField.
well, my conservative estimate is that this will be mature in about 90 years ...
I've had good luck with Langhes from all kinds of no-name producers, but Produttori's is in a class by itself, and can be found for around $20, certainly not more than $25.
Cusey!!!! I opened a Ch. Montus about 3 hours ago and decanted. Still have not tasted but it smells like a monster. 80% Tannat. What a beast. It's a 2006, so I think quite a baby by their standards. I am rather glad everyone but me and booth hate Madiran, as it keeps the prices down. Hate on, h8ers.
cosign
A suite is typical, but not absolutely required.
I learned something interesting today. Apparently, if you try to hack up a duck carcass with a heavy Global cleaver on a plastic cutting board, the board will split in two.
yeah, I think there was just a vastly insufficient amount of air in the dough.