or Connect

Posts by Manton

3400. 2000 of various warm-ups and drills, allx200 except for pull, which was 400 breathing every 5th. Then 12x100 on 1:50, followed by 200 warm down.
3600 today, 3500 yesterday. Yesterday at the Ashland U pool, in Ashland, OH. Damned fine pool.
It's not so bad today, but I could use less humidity.
M, do you like to use fiddleheads? Aren't they super-abundant where you are?
I have no idea what animal that is.
Regarding vests, I just don't think it works with the cut at all. I did it once and I never wear the vest. Vests absolutely require full cut high waisted trousers, which Italian tailors seem allergic to. So what they tend to do instead is cut the vest really long, a look I quite hate. And then their hip hugger pants really can't be worn with braces, so that means you need a belt under the vest, which also looks terrible.
I've only used Solito and NSM otherwise.I would say that it looks more like NSM. It's leaner and more aggressively styled than Solito. However, the problem with my one NSM coat is that it's just tight and, worse, it *feels* tight. Also, it gives the impression that it's climbing up my back and off my neck. It's hard to explain, but this feeling is just constant. It doesn't feel settled or at rest.The Formosa, on the other hand, feels a little snug compared to Solito. ...
Anyone who gets a vest from an Italian tailor--a Neapolitan no less--is a fucking idiot.
Yeah, it's plaid, sort of a muted medium dark gray with a blue overcheck. Lesser 13. Oh, and if jeffryd is reading, the pattern matches at all the pockets! I am somewhat slimmer but have been for a while. I was "skinny fat" for a time (wine belly) but around 2009 I lost about 15 pounds and have since replaced that with muscle (very slow process, I am a "hard gainer") so I weigh more or less the same (185) as I did then. But I got all my pants taken in around that time...