or Connect

Posts by Manton

So basically, the point is that SFers have regressed to pre-civilizational norms, and anyone who finds this regrettable is a reactionary or prude?
I don't use cast iron, but I do sear it on the stovetop. However, I have a really good hood. (Finally)
This was a common topic back when SField used to post. I eventually came around to his view. The point I think is that it's no longer so hard to get top end beef, whereas it used to be that you had to go to a restaurant. Now you can get dry-aged prime at retail without much difficultly. Second, the markup for cooking it (and for staff, facilities, overhead, etc.) may be justified on a strict cost basis (what it costs them to do all that). However, I can pretty easily...
the keene's mutton chop is memorable.
It will cost a fortune but Clos Rougeard is the best Cab Franc I've ever had, except Cheval Blanc.
I used to buy it and still do when I see old bottles at K&L because my dad loves it. I think 1997 was the last decent vintage. I had a 91 the last time I was in CA and it was very good.Piob, no, the SO winery is nothing like that one in the movie. Plus, they only have two wines, the Napa Cab and the Alexander Valley Cab. No whites or anything else.
When I first got to NY, I thought Luger was the end-all. I probably haven't been in 15 years. I sort of got beyond steakhouses, I think. I did go to Wolfgang's several years ago, which is sort of a little Luger.
That was bad. Like a month after the earthquake, too.
have there been that many? I remember a near collapse after Sandy, but no one died.
This is more like it, NY, time snow so that the maximum impact is for 7:30 am. Also, did anyone see the crane collapse? Awful. Killed a guy.