or Connect

Posts by Manton

here is a minor reason why New York sucks: every day now, all day, on 50th Street, there is some truck backed up into the loading dock at the Waldorf. Completely blocks the sidewalk. Sticks waayyyyy out into the street. This never used to happen. Now it's literally all day, every day. WTF?
lucky deal last night, found two underpriced gems on a list: 2008 Prum Kabinett and 2008 Rougeard Poyeaux.
Had some interesting stuff recently. Highlights include a 2006 Ravenau Les Clos (fantastic, but hold it for another five) and a 1982 Tempier (easily the best Bandol red I've ever had). Not that impressed by Quintarelli Valpolicella. Cherry cough syrup notes predominated. Saturday lineup was: 2005 Gloria Ferrer pink (good but fading) 2001 Chassagne Montrachet Les Caillerets JN Gagnard (Loved this, no premox!) 1998 Paleo LeMacchiole (Pretty good, very fresh, not super...
Funny, in my family dried porcini has been A Thing for decades. My grandmother and great-grandmother would get them from the Italian markets in North Beach. But I never had a fresh one until I moved here. Neither had my mother. She was shocked when I first served them to her. She almost didn't believe that there was a fresh version.
Got porcinis this weekend, too. Had much fun with them.
The sterling tram is kind of fun Also, for the ultimate in 1970s chic, domain chandon. Like the set of 6 million dollar man
Mondavi is the best place to taste, IMO. Pay the very reasonable fee in the Reserve room.
I find the historic properties much more fun to visit: Mondavi, BV, Beringer, Inglenook would be my top recs.
Trains shut down all night and running on limited schedule today. two tracks out of commission.
it's for women