or Connect

Posts by Manton

There's another WA wine, called Horse Hills Heaven or something like that, that makes a decent $10 chard. Perhaps a bit oaky but not too bad.
I would hope not!
Damn, that's a lot of very young Bord. I would go with these two: Château Beausejour-Becot, St Emilion 2005. Château Bellevue, St Emilion 2005. because they are the oldest, and also Right Bank and so likely to be softer and to mature earlier. I am more familiar with the first and it is a nice wine.
Wow, I've seen vicuna overcoats but never a vicuna odd jacket.
I have never put bespoke trousers of any fabric in the wash. I just assume it would ruin the innards. Like, the waistband interlining would shrink at a different rate than the outer fabric or something.
This is the kind of thing that gives me an aneurism. I have had similar experiences with the GWB. Maddening.
Wish I could find more of this.
2002 Mongeard-Mugneret Les Orveax, lovely.
One of my local shops outright gave me a bottle of 1971 Beausejour Pomerol. This should have been terrible but it was actually quite decent. Over the hill, definitely, but not spoiled and plenty of interesting tertiary. Completely crystal clear and not even that bricky. Slewfoot is right, Bordeaux is indestructible.
Many wines last night, won't describe them all. Memorable was a 1999 Tondonia white Rioja. This is the one that gomey chickened out on at Narcissa because he thought it would be oxy. Well, it wasn't. Fantastic wine, you pussy. Then three '95s: Cos, Latour and La Mission Haut Brion. First ever LMHB for me despite many Haut Brions over the years. All bottles were flawless and showing well. I would put the Cos in 3rd place despite the fact that I brought it. But it...