or Connect

Posts by Manton

No, I still like them. The latest Steed I got is vested. I will probably get some more, but I used to want a vest with all SB suits, and I don't do that any more.
The one Mariano wore to the Royal Wedding, which I saw only in pictures, is the only good Italian vest I have ever seen. Never again, for me.
There is no chance whatsoever that I will ever get another vested suit from any Italian tailor again. That's what Steed is for.
I am trying to remember the most I ever paid Frank, and whatever it was, it was under $6K. For a three piece. So, Rubi is going to set me back more than that. Unlike the majority on this thread who find it, variously, dogshit or uninspired, what I have seen in person looks fantastic. I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Lafite tastes fantastic, too, but ... ditto.
Formosa ... hmmmm ...
Wait, why exactly is Solito a "crook"? Unreliable, certainly. I wish he would come back at least once. He stands to make a lot of money off me if he did. He has not, however, cheated me or any of my friends. The reverse is true. For several (including me) he cut garments without taking a deposit, at his insistence. Beyond that, I actually owe him money, which I have not paid, again, at his insistence. "Crook" is pretty harsh and, when not true, libelous.
Mine is a WOP.
one of the bones in my left shoulder--the Acromion, I think--sticks up way further than the one on the right. Shattuck used to say he wanted to take a power sander to it.
I leave this to the discression of the mods, but I have used my "dubiously honored" powers to delete casual slander. Grammaton Cleric is free to be ALMOST as big an ass as he wants, but there is a line. If the mods disagree, fine.
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Grammaton Cleric has revealed, after shitting all over Rubinacci in this thread, that he is in fact ... in the process of getting his first garment from them? If that's not the ulimate meta-SF-Rubinacci revelation, I don't know what possibly could be.