or Connect

Posts by Manton

Hitler was into tar babies.
I don't think you really know him ....
Well, um ... hmmm ... drawing a blank here ...
which one of you dipshits is saying an OCBD with no tie and a jacket looks bad?
I saw sand dabs at the fish market at the SF ferry building in Oct. Never seen that before.
One of the places is right on Cannery Row (Ocean View Avenue) down from the aquarium. Alas, it's not very good, but it does serve fresh sardines. If you haven't, you should try Aldea near Union Sq. Very good sardines.
There is no way to get to Matt's Fortress of Solitude on the 101. You can take it as far as Petaluma, but then you have to cut over. The Fort Ross stretch is mandatory.
Monterey proper is, indeed, a rather half-assed restaurant town. However, as noted, you can fresh sardines on the Wharf and at a couple of places on Cannery Row. Beyond that, you have to go to Pacific Grove, Carmel village or, best of all, Carmel Valley which is where all the truly good restaurants are. I went to the newly renovated restaurant at the C. Valley Ranch in Aug and it was great.
What? I know like 10 places in monterey to get fresh sardines! Also, sand dabs (yeah, Russ, I know ...)
weird about the frozen. I drive that stretch a lot and all year round it seems there at least a dozen stands at the side of the 1 selling fresh chokes for almost nothing.