or Connect

Posts by Manton

The Champs is a little tired, alas. Not a 20-year wine.
Thanks for "coon asses," that's new to me and I am sure it be useful some day. Menu for us: -Caul soup. -Turkey (D'Artagnan "Heritage" which my mother makes fun of) -Gravy (she's making that) -Stuffing (she made that) -Mashed potatoes (which I think are unnecessary but she insisted) -Sweet potato puree with bacon and chives (wife loves this) -wild mushroom sauté -Haricot vert with crispy shallot rings (in my new deep fryer ) -fundraiser bake sale pumpkin pie -chocolate...
Jesus, how many people do you have??
1995 Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve tonight. Haven't decided on a red. Open to suggestions. Though at present I have no Rhone. EDIT: Opened and decanted 1995 Lagrange.
keep in mind, that stuff is rich. I tend to serve only a half bottle for a party of four and some find it hard to finish. A full bottle, you need at least six, or else you better loooooove unctuous sweet wine.
supposedly a great vintage. never tasted. enjoy and report back.
Saintsbury is also not bad. I also like Mt. Eden and the Phelps pinot. Or, try to get a Drouhin village level wine, some of those are under $50. They tend to need some age, though.
I've not heard that he's booked anything. He said when he was here in Sept (or whenever that was) that he would be back in Dec and going to be a the same place. Whose location I've already forgotten ...
"soon" in NY infrastructure language means sometime in the next century.Plus, it will only go to 59th Street.
And it takes two hours to walk to the subway.But there are some lovely buildings on EEA.