or Connect

Posts by Manton

because everything else has already been done.
it's pouring here in the burbs
wretched
I would tell you all to go to hell, except we're already here. Actually, hell is probably less humid.
Note that it will be even worse tomorrow, when I have to walk around in a suit. just like last Wed, when I had to travel to DC, was bloody awful. And it will be terrible for the rest of the week. Probably be OK on Sat, then back to awful on Mon. Esp. Tues, when I have to go out.
Because I dial the bitterness to 11.
mondavi Napa has been better lately. The last Rutherford I really liked was the 2005.
I would try one now, if you have a whole case. I doubt it's fully mature, but it should be well past its tannic-awkward stage.
Like this kind of crap never happens in SF ...
You mean the 97 SS vintage was priced at $75? My recollection may be off, but I recall from when I started buying wine in the early 1990s that Caymus SS was already over $50 and possibly even close to $75. I found the great 80s vintages too expensive for me at the time and either drank them on the generosity of others, or later bought back vintages when I was feeling more flush. The mid-80s vintages were spectacular. At any rate, it was expensive. The only wine...