or Connect

Posts by thomaspaine

That coat has been on sale for forever. I'm surprised your SA let you take 30% off though, they haven't let me use my corporate discount on sale items.
  Thanks, this was perfect. I needed a nice tote now that San Francisco charges you for paper bags.
Speaking of those cordovan boots, mine had a hole in the tongue.         I asked the SA for a replacement pair. He had two more pairs brought in, and one of those also had a hole in the tongue. The tongue is supposed to be stitched to the boot there, and I guess it ripped itself out.   Just something to look out for, you might be able get a price reduction if they can't get a replacement.
  I got mine at the 25% off F&F sale. I think they were technically excluded but I guess my SA likes me.
Black Fleece shirts are really nice, great construction, materials, patterns, etc, but the fit is terrible IMO. The open box pleat on the back makes the waist very blousey and the sleeves are too baggy and long. It's just strange considering how slim fitting the rest of the line is.
Anyone have experience with their trench coats? Pics on their site make it look pretty decent. I've been looking for a slimmer and shorter trench and the only one I've liked so far is $2000 from Burberry...
  I can see the appeal of a $130 MTM BB shirt if it fits him well. To get the same fit off the rack he'd probably have to spend $25 with an alterationist, plus the time and hassle of making two visits to drop off and pick up. Assuming he's paying retail (yeah I know, big assumption), $80 + 25 = $105. So BB MTM is costing him an extra $25, not that big of a deal.   Trying out a new MTM service always takes a couple tries to get it right. Depending on their policy, at best...
  BB will sometimes do a weekend sale where they'll temporarily drop to 60 or 70% off, probably not until later in the season though.
  Thanks, I was going to get a Burberry one but the Uniqlo trench is 1/10 the price so it's very tempting. Just hope it doesn't rain between now and when the SF Uniqlo opens.
How is the Uniqlo trench in the rain? What's the fabric composition and does it actually repel water or just absorb it?