or Connect

Posts by autumndreams

^ I bet ya I hate belly shirts more ;).
Please oh please oh please don't make the shirts any shorter.  I'm 6'2", and they're just *barely* long enough for me.   Look at it this way: better a shirt be too long than to walk around with your navel exposed.  That's....pretty indisputable.
Measure your jeans, go to blue owl and check against their measurements.  Then you'll have a definitive answer.     N&F's stretch denims are still raw.  IIRC, N&F has only done one "one wash" denim, and it was for women.  Damned if I can find it though.  You can wash them however you like, but a gentle cycle or hand wash will preserve the color the best.       Be careful with those...they *do* run a full size smaller than "normal" weird guys.  What you've tried before...
Depends how deep you want to go down the rabbit hole.   There's no reason to destroy or throw out a pair of jeans if it's still wearable.  Personally?  I'd just keep them "around" if I plan on wearing them every now and then.  If not?  Well, if they're still wearable I'd either sell them or donate them.  If it's a pair that I felt a particular attachment to, I might keep them in storage.   If they're not wearable...well, the trash is one option.  Using them as...
My girlfriend loved the two v-neck t's that I got for her.  And she looks aboslutely smokin' hot in 'em.  Gracias everlane!!!!!!   Makes it easy for a guy to buy nice stuff for his girl.  Loving my french terry sweatshirt too.  Would like to see a non-raglan, slimmer design later on.  I love the direction this company is taking.  Seriously, you need an in-house-barista, I'm your man.
No need, IMO.  No matter if the wax rests on top of the starch or on top of the denim.  In fact, the less the wax is absorbed into the denim, the less wax you'll have to use.  That's where I'm at right now with waxing my cashmere blends...I had to put on a few coats before I started getting that nice waxy sheen with 'em.  I had to use a whole bar of otter wax just to get the base layer down...now I'm on my second, and only now am I getting the results I want.   Solid idea...
Still looks like it's too tight if you ask me.  Why only 5 hours of wear?  You've had these for three days already.  That would seem to imply that they're horribly uncomfortable.  Granted, unwashed denim tends to be a little stiff in the beginning, but you should be able to wear them for extended periods of time without too much discomfort.   Ah, well.  Seems like you're pretty much set on seeing it through.  Best of luck, hope they don't rip too badly on you....
Seeing as how the contest isn't specifically a charity event, and there's no guarantee that you'll actually win, I'm with the above poster.   Those jeans are about $200, and that's a lot of money to be invested up front.  That means that a lot of people will have to donate to *you*, in the *hopes* that you will win, so that their investment will eventually be given to a charity.  That's a lot of money and a lot of uncertainty.   You'll get plenty of suspicion...
Could be cool.  I'm in the process of waxing a pair of slim guy cashmere blends.  I picked those up for about 25 dollars on ebay...they've been worn and washed to hell and back.  Otter wax works well, that's what I'm using right now.  Smells like pine sol.  You may need more than one bar to do a pair from scratch, I'm on my second bar right now, and am only starting to get the results I want.   The stretch fabric could be a little difficult to wax, as it'll bunch up a bit...
  Yes.  Raw denim stretches.  It's stretching properties, however are *not* infinite.  There is a breaking point.  The more you force your jeans to stretch, the more likely they are to fall apart.  There's nothing wrong with preferring a slim fit jean.  That's not difficult to understand.  But why buy a pair of jeans that doesn't give you the fit you want in the legs unless you can't button up the waist?   Here's what is going to happen: even if you *do* eventually get...