or Connect

Posts by autumndreams

Agreed.  Combining two busy pieces like that is pretty daring, but didn't really pay off here, IMO.  The beret does go well with the jacket though.
Just picked up the black one and a couple of t's my girlfriend.  Thanks for offering these at such great prices...can't wait to give her her t-shirts :).
I have the opposite problem, at 6'2".  Many t-shirts are too short for my torso.  Either that or they tent out in the midsection, or both.     The hemming idea is a solid one.  What do you usually buy?
Congrats Mike...certainly well-deserved!
  Ah, and now we get to the core of it.  It annoys you when people speak out against bullies, because that makes them "righteous".  Which...truth told...yeah.  That kinda does, don't it?   So I accept your conclusion.  If you're done trying to pick a fight, we can move on.
*sighs*   My point that you first responded to was that selvedge has been hyped up beyond all possible recognition.  In this regard, Mauro seems to agree with me.   Mauro obviously knows a whole lot more about fabric and denim than I do, and I will defer to him.  My last post was simply what I've heard about selvedge denim, the "story" behind selvedge denim.  The hype.  I didn't mean to present it as irrefutable fact, and I don't mean to proclaim myself as an expert:...
Ask yourself this question: Is that the actual definition, or is that the hype?   Quality denim is quality denim, with or without selvedge.  A fabric woven on a narrow loom isn't necessarily a great fabric, but the fact that it was woven on a narrow loom is a good indicator that whoever is producing this fabric isn't overly concerned with making a large quantity.  Otherwise they'd be using a wider loom.  Savvy?   If the person isn't overly concerned with producing a...
Ask yourself this question: Is that the actual definition, or is that the hype?   Quality denim is quality denim, with or without selvedge.  A fabric woven on a narrow loom isn't necessarily a great fabric, but the fact that it was woven on a narrow loom is a good indicator that whoever is producing this fabric isn't overly concerned with producing a large amount.  Otherwise they'd be using a wider loom.  Savvy?   If the person isn't overly concerned with producing a...
  It's a feature of the denim.  I mean that in a straightforward, literal, wikipedian sense.  Selvedge is a quality which certain denims possess.  Selvedge is a self-edge, a finished end to a fabric that doesn't fray, and creates a definite "stop" point to a fabric.  It doesn't have to have a colorful stripe, it just has to serve as a finished edge to a fabric that doesn't require any additional needlework to prevent fraying.