or Connect

Posts by autumndreams

Still looks like it's too tight if you ask me.  Why only 5 hours of wear?  You've had these for three days already.  That would seem to imply that they're horribly uncomfortable.  Granted, unwashed denim tends to be a little stiff in the beginning, but you should be able to wear them for extended periods of time without too much discomfort.   Ah, well.  Seems like you're pretty much set on seeing it through.  Best of luck, hope they don't rip too badly on you....
Seeing as how the contest isn't specifically a charity event, and there's no guarantee that you'll actually win, I'm with the above poster.   Those jeans are about $200, and that's a lot of money to be invested up front.  That means that a lot of people will have to donate to *you*, in the *hopes* that you will win, so that their investment will eventually be given to a charity.  That's a lot of money and a lot of uncertainty.   You'll get plenty of suspicion...
Could be cool.  I'm in the process of waxing a pair of slim guy cashmere blends.  I picked those up for about 25 dollars on ebay...they've been worn and washed to hell and back.  Otter wax works well, that's what I'm using right now.  Smells like pine sol.  You may need more than one bar to do a pair from scratch, I'm on my second bar right now, and am only starting to get the results I want.   The stretch fabric could be a little difficult to wax, as it'll bunch up a bit...
  Yes.  Raw denim stretches.  It's stretching properties, however are *not* infinite.  There is a breaking point.  The more you force your jeans to stretch, the more likely they are to fall apart.  There's nothing wrong with preferring a slim fit jean.  That's not difficult to understand.  But why buy a pair of jeans that doesn't give you the fit you want in the legs unless you can't button up the waist?   Here's what is going to happen: even if you *do* eventually get...
I'm with the others here...If you couldn't do the buttons pre-soak, you definitely won't be able to do the buttons post-soak.   It's time to cut your losses and sell them.  Even if they do stretch enough to be able to button, you're more than likely on track for a major blowout.  Denim can stretch, but it's stretching properties aren't infinite.  Size up a few.
Oof.  I'm only down with #2 and #4.  #1 and #3...eesh.
Eh, truth told I do find the V a little bit on the low side.  Certainly not my first choice for V-depth.   That said, though, hair grows back, so cleaning up a bit isn't *really* changing your body to fit the clothes.  It's just grooming.  Optional grooming, sure, but still just grooming.  Trimming is another viable option, with none of the bumps or irritation that can come with waxing or shaving.  I usually take a #2 blade with a trimmer and clean up.  It works well...
^ Bazhad's one of the big dudes at N&F; him and Brandon run the show.  It's very likely that he already knows.
I say just wash 'em.  Do it by hand if you want to be gentle about it.  You might not even need to use detergent to get rid of the smell.   There's a lot of voodoo that gets tacked on to raw denim, but truth told it's about as mundane as it gets.  Water will remove some of the dye.  If you go about washing them gently, they won't lose a whole lot.  They'll still fade after a wash, it won't ruin them.   Plus...you won't smell like fish sauce.  Nobody want's to...
Idealistic, for sure.  But an interesting point.   I don't have any problems with the current model.  I'm happy that ya'll haven't gone the whole "starved and emaciated" route that seems to be so popular with high-fashion brands *dry heave*.  The current model certainly isn't overweight or fat.  He's not the fittest guy in the world, but then again, most Americans generally aren't "athletes".     It might be interesting to see what different people with different builds...