or Connect

Posts by autumndreams

Annnnnd I disagree about the weight issue.  Your favorite clothes can help keep you in check, make sure you're not going off the deep end in terms of your health.  I've got about 7 pairs of the same pair of jeans (the cut, at least) in the same size in my closet.  If I ever gain weight...welll...that's a lot of money down the drain.     I'd buy more than one, if you like it that much.  Tastes may change, but some things remain constant.  I could never fully give up my...
^ N&F's stretch denims have good recovery properties.  I'd go true, especially with a cut like the skinny guy.   On another topic, I'm interested in the painters...can anybody comment any more on them?   I opted for a pair of the 10oz lightweight selvedge for the upcoming summer...it's sitting in my closet until it gets warm enough.  Imagining a pair that is *half* as heavy as those, while still retaining durability, is a little difficult.  Can anybody comment...
I'd personally rather have a navy blue than the peach.  That would add a little more variety to the color set.
^ that is the "correct" way to find your size.  That is your actual "true" waist measurement.  There was a discussion on that a bit earlier in the thread.   Measuring against your existing jeans, however, tends to be a more reliable method of determining what size you should get.
^ I bet ya I hate belly shirts more ;).
Please oh please oh please don't make the shirts any shorter.  I'm 6'2", and they're just *barely* long enough for me.   Look at it this way: better a shirt be too long than to walk around with your navel exposed.  That's....pretty indisputable.
Measure your jeans, go to blue owl and check against their measurements.  Then you'll have a definitive answer.     N&F's stretch denims are still raw.  IIRC, N&F has only done one "one wash" denim, and it was for women.  Damned if I can find it though.  You can wash them however you like, but a gentle cycle or hand wash will preserve the color the best.       Be careful with those...they *do* run a full size smaller than "normal" weird guys.  What you've tried before...
Depends how deep you want to go down the rabbit hole.   There's no reason to destroy or throw out a pair of jeans if it's still wearable.  Personally?  I'd just keep them "around" if I plan on wearing them every now and then.  If not?  Well, if they're still wearable I'd either sell them or donate them.  If it's a pair that I felt a particular attachment to, I might keep them in storage.   If they're not wearable...well, the trash is one option.  Using them as...
My girlfriend loved the two v-neck t's that I got for her.  And she looks aboslutely smokin' hot in 'em.  Gracias everlane!!!!!!   Makes it easy for a guy to buy nice stuff for his girl.  Loving my french terry sweatshirt too.  Would like to see a non-raglan, slimmer design later on.  I love the direction this company is taking.  Seriously, you need an in-house-barista, I'm your man.
No need, IMO.  No matter if the wax rests on top of the starch or on top of the denim.  In fact, the less the wax is absorbed into the denim, the less wax you'll have to use.  That's where I'm at right now with waxing my cashmere blends...I had to put on a few coats before I started getting that nice waxy sheen with 'em.  I had to use a whole bar of otter wax just to get the base layer down...now I'm on my second, and only now am I getting the results I want.   Solid idea...