or Connect

Posts by autumndreams

I'm liking the look of that 15.2 oz cone mills denim backpack they've got.  Tempted to pick one up...the price certainly is right.
This is a company that I have mixed feelings about.   Honestly, I love their T's and their slim button-downs.  They're cut as close to perfect for me as it gets.  I just wish that they offered more variety.  More colors, more patterns.  I'd particularly like it if they offered a heavier line of T-shirts.  Their standard line is fantastic, but especially in the colder months I like to have heavier T's to layer with.   Some of their products I just can't wrap my head...
Up for sale here are a couple of pairs of Epaulet "Smith" selvedge denim jeans.  This model has been discontinued for a while now, and is a classic straight-leg.  Both are size 34.   The Slubby indigo pair has seen some wear, but is still in very good condition.  It has been washed once.  The fabric is very slubby with tonal stitching, and I believe it is somewhere in the 11.75oz range.  I can't quite recall the exact weight.   Measurements are as follows:   Waist...
 The picture is deceptive, then.  Here's another to illustrate what I mean:  Could it be a little more tailored?  Sure.  As it stands, though, there's nothing baggy about this jacket.  The shoulder seams hit where they're supposed to, and the chest is very slim.  The waist  and biceps could be taken in a little bit, but overall I'm happy with the fit. It's brand-new cowhide as well, it's going to take some time for this thing to break in.  Right now it's very stiff.
A pair of Indy's are definitely in my "one day" list.  Maybe a few raises down the road.  Those courtland's are gorgeous too, they strike me as a mix between the original 1000 mile and the Alden 403.  I'd like to pick up a pair of these for a less refined, shit-kicking moc toe:   http://www.redwingheritage.com/USD/product/footwear/6-inch-boots/6-brown-875-00875   Though a pair of these are definitely in my near future for a pair of "on the jobsite, gonna get beat to...
Nah...though they all are fairly similar.  I really want to get a pair of moc toe boots to change things up a bit...   Front and center are the IR's in black.  From left to right: Wolverine 1000 Mile in brown, Vintage Shoe Company Nathaniel Jump Boot in Black, and LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works engineer boots.   The IR's remain my favorites, with the Wolverines coming a close second.  The Katahdin's are my beater pair.  The VSC's are...well...let's just say at the $80...
  The latter would be one of my few gripes about this jacket: it does flare out a little at the bottom.  A strange design choice it seems to me, but one that doesn't bother me too much. As for the length: It's their 28" fitted cafe racer model, made to be a little longer than their usual offerings.  The photo may exaggerate it's length as the camera is pointed down: It hits right above the back pockets on my denim, and I'm 6'2".  Beane is right, the 654 is a good...
I like to take care of my boots: every couple of months or so I'll strip off the laces, and rub on some Obenauf's LP.  Whenever they start looking dirty (usually once every year or two), I'll break out a horsehair brush and some saddle soap, followed by Obenauf's.  Whenever they're not on my feet, they've got Allen Edmonds shoe trees in them.   With the others in my rotation, I see these lasting for a very long time.  Here's another crappy iphone shot with the family in...
Play and work. The Iron Rangers on the left are my favorite pair of boots. They've held up well over four years of regular wear and aged gracefully. The others I couldn't tell you much about except that they were on sale and steel-toed. They've lasted over a year of daily wear on the jobsite, and look like they might have another year in them before they give out. Ugly as hell though.
I picked up a Schott 660 recently, and I'm very happy with it: