or Connect

Posts by Vodking

PRICE DROP TO £250.   Will now ship to these locations at the following additional costs:   UK  - Free EUROPE - £10 USA & CANADA - £20   Thanks!
Up for sale are these beautiful dark brown brogues from Carmina in size UK8.   On the sleek Rain last, they are arguably the ultimate staple shoes.   They are brand new and have only been worn for a couple of minutes, on a carpeted floor.   The shoes come with their original Carmina box and dustbags.   Many thanks.
Definitely size down to a 7.  I wear a size 8 and the size 8 trees only fit one pair of my shoes so I moved on to size 7 with no regrets.
Visited in May last year.  In terms of shopping, buying a pair of gloves is essential.  Nowhere else in the world offers the same level of choice that you can find in Florence.   The view from Piazzale Michelangelo is a must, but I imagine that was on your list already.  I would also agree with the poster above that the area south of the river after crossing the Ponte Vecchio is worth exploring.  Had a couple of great meals around there too but can't remember the exact...
SOLD
Lock & Co Linen 'Newsboy' cap   100% linen outer   From their Lock & Roll product line   Bought from the Lock & Co shop on St James St in Spring 2013 for £90   Beautiful natural shade of linen with a red tinge in some lights reminiscent of Solaro.   Slightly slubby texture.   Fantastic condition, no signs of wear or damage.   UK Size 7 1/8 US Size 7 1/4 European size 58   Free shipping to UK $5 shipping to EU $10 shipping to USA and Canada
Genuine Ralph Lauren Purple Label aviators   Bought from Malford of London last year.  No case included unfortunately, even the original seller, Malford, was unable to include one.   Beautiful dark brown tortoiseshell frame and brown lens   They are slightly off-kilter as shown in the photo but an easy fix for any local optician, probably free of charge.   No other damage - i.e. no visible scratches to frame or lens   Free shipping to UK $5 shipping to EU $10...
If you go to Florence you can find all sorts of colours - I picked up a pair of unlined red carpincho from EFG Guanti last year.  I posted at the time in the Madova thread:  Image:  http://www.styleforum.net/t/342014/madova-gloves-in-florence/75#post_6380414
Interesting news, I was waiting for those AS problems to blow over before placing a hatch grain order with Carmina.
  New Hober Macclesfield #176 and light yellow grenadine fina PS.  Love this tie, I haven't done it justice with my mediocre knot but didn't have time to adjust it.  First impressions on the grenadine PS are that it's quite rigid and more difficult to hold the desired shape than a standard silk.  The bulkiness forces you to cut the size down which limits folding options.  However, there is less sheen and more surface interest so it's a nice alternative.