or Connect

Posts by riton

Nice ! They are answering emails about sales but not the ones about quality issues...
Is it cheaper to go through this swedish reseller than Carmina directly ?   Meermin ignoring for at least 2 weeks my emails concerning issue with my GMTO boots.   Best customer service of the year...
Thank you SpooPoker for the shipping of the Carmina 5 UK back from November 2014, the shoes are exactly like on the photos. It has been a very long time, but I used a shipping forwarder who combined my other US purchases to be shipped to France.    I wanted to write a review on eBay but could not because the sale is too dated.    Will buy again ! 
 I tried from the French website since I live in France. The answer is : you can but there is no point because once you login with your Australian address, the displayed price in euro in your cart will automatically change into American price in USD. your only solutions if you want to pay in Euro price is to use a European proxy or a freight forwarder. But then be sure of what to order, because exchange may be cumbersome.
well, lucky you. I can't say the same with the navy double monks I received last week, getting a shoe from them is a lottery.
The websites you mentioned list shoes around 400 USD, the price point I was talking about  incl. shipping to US is more around 210 USD (classic collection oxford, monks ) at most 280 USD for boots. I have excluded customs fees, I live on the other side of the pond and don't know how much US customs charge you guys. But good choice of brands !     I feel you, I am frustrated with Meermin. They will for sure lose some business because of pricing, QC issues and poor...
 well one is clearer than the other unless you haven't brush the suede in the same direction 
  My guess is they think they "give a service" by allowing Americans to purchase in USD (I can understand because it is easier for you guys to compare things in USD) but they want to protect themselves against currency exchange volatility and in the process score a better margin.  That huge price increase may backlash. If many people complain, maybe Meermin will think again.    I agree with you jko, if one is used to purchase Meermin from its classic collection, purchasing...
Hence why I use "should" NEVER count Americans out If they see their sales plummet big times, you can be damn sure they will backpedal LOL  but then the delivery time would improve immensely and so will customer satisfaction, quite a fragile equilibrium.  Remember, Meermin's communication is NOT their forte, for instance I emailed them about my issues with GMTO boots about 1 week ago, it's radio silence since then.  Especially when it's a price increase, businesses tend...
I do not condone what Meermin is doing, but this price scheme based on market value in a determined country/region/continent is old. And Americans should be the last to complain, we, as non US customers (I'm based in Europe) have been milked so hard by so many US companies for years.  Adobe explained to Europe its softwares/cloud are more expensive because of the transportation, translation and other fees, but with cloud software to be downloaded over the internet it makes...