or Connect

Posts by MidwestMindset

I've never considered buying a size up, but I'm guessing this is a pretty normal and easy fix for the tailor? Other pants I've purchased have always fit my waste, so just the length has needed adjustment.
Thanks for this recommendation. I've never considered JAB (for the same reason as there is distate on this board), but the Signature trousers sound reasonable and in form with what I am looking for. My only worry with the fuller cut is that the bottom of the pant might feel a little "flappy" since it will probably be a little larger. I will have to go try these pants to see how they fit on me.     Thanks!  
I will be graduating from college this spring and starting as an analyst. My office is business casual, so I'm looking to purchase a few pairs of trousers for a reasonable price. Another member recommended that I check out Banana Republic for decent trousers. I tried them on the other day, but the cut of BR is too tight for my thighs. My legs are a bit bigger for an average person of my body size (I wear a 30x32 pant) because I like to do a lot of cycling. Can anyone...
Thanks for the math, Chogall. Your list seems like a pretty reasonable number.   I do have one other question about fitting dress shirts. In particular, ideal chest measurements for a corporate setting. I've always thought that my shirts were way too big, and I've recently purchased some BB ESF shirts. I think they fit pretty well, but the only part of the shirt I question is the chest area, which may be a little small. My chest, right under armpits, measurement is...
Thanks for the list - the last piece of advice that I was going to ask for was ideal numbers of shirts and trousers. I think I will be able to comfortably hit the numbers above by picking up a few more BB ESF shirts and some trousers (BR sounds like a good route unless anyone else has a suggestion).   For outerwear, I already have a few black wool winter coats and rain coats, but what do people usually wear with suits for the cool spring and fall months? A North Face...
Thanks, mcbrown. This is a great summary and piece of advice. I was originally hoping to build up a wardrobe before I begin work, but I see how it is probably a better idea to just get the bare essentials and build up my collection over time. Buying gradually over time will allow me to figure out what I like the most, and I will have the opportunity to buy some higher quality pieces without breaking the bank. I live in a small college town, so I haven't had the time to...
    I agree with you, Viral. I was a summer intern at my office, and I sensed that none of the senior employees took much notice to what analysts were wearing. It is probably much less noticable or cared about at my office since the dress code is business casual. However, I don't like the fact that a lot of my clothes tend to fit me poorly due to my previous inexperience at shopping for office clothes, and I think that there is a bit of self confidence to be gained by...
  I could probably use some sportcoats, but I was trying to avoid purchasing them now since it would be an extra cost. I usually have advanced notice if I need a jacket, so most of the time I can plan ahead and wear a suit when needed. I was hoping this would eliminiate most of the immediate need for sportcoats.
The hazards of posting late at night :( . I've cut it down considerably to focus on my main concerns.   Apologies!
I am a college senior and will be starting as an investment banking analyst this summer. I made it through my summer internship with a weak wardrobe, and I now have some money to buy more clothes before I start full-time. I've been lurking around the site for a while but am still confused, so I'm hoping that a few people can point me in the right direction.   1. How big should my wardrobe be to make it comfortably for the first year or so? I currently...