or Connect

Posts by diglett

You're best off PMing Mike (username Epaulet). Most people size down between 0.5 and 1 from their US sizes (so an 8UK or 8.5UK for you), but it depends on foot shape/last. Check out the Carmina sizing thread.
A lot of the confusion in the comments seems to based around the idea that "the same pair of pants" can be had for $50, $30, or even $15. The average person, at least in America, couldn't care less about how something fits or feels as long as it stays on the body and isn't too tight, so most people don't understand why anything would warrant a higher price than what they bought at Walmart.   I definitely feel a huge disconnect between myself and my peers when it comes to...
Woah. Where'd you pick those up, Gerry? They're beautiful.
Seeing as they're restocking that cognac boot in three months, there's really no point in any kind of MTO on that front. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Carmina webshop has that same boot in stock right now. PM Mike (username Epaulet). I think he mentioned that if anyone needs a wide, he can put in a special order.
Actually, if the biggest issue is missed MTOs, we could solve that fairly easily by setting up something outside of SF. Not a separate forum or anything like that, but an email list or RSS feed that we could subscribe to.   The email list would probably be the easiest. It wouldn't have to be formal; just a "Hey, skoak has a new MTO of [x] on [last] in [leather], with deposits due by [date]. Link is in the skoak thread," since the point isn't to actually sell the...
I see what you mean about the taller boot. The straps and lacing make it different enough from a motorcycle boot for me, but I definitely understand where you're coming from.   As for the EG style boot, I'm guessing that whatever design Mike comes up with will have to be created and tested like the austerity boot, so we're probably looking at 4-6 months before we can start planning for MTOs. Oscar is rounder on the toes and bigger throughout the foot. Not nearly as sleek...
Love it. Speaking of tough looking boots, they remind me of these EGs I came across recently.     And on an even more related note, check out these Lobbs. Most badass boots I've ever seen, save for the zipper on the back.     Any chance we could get an even higher boot? I think I'd be in for that blucher of yours, regardless, but I'd love me a mid-calf tanker boot.
I've had an easy time wearing Ruby in a casual setting (chinos + tee appropriate, or something similar), but I suspect it wouldn't be crazy hard to wear with greys and blues. I really, really like this idea. Popular ideas would keep getting bumped and get more views. How about sub-forums for brands, much like marketplace has MC/SW/accessories? So the likes of Carmina and G&G don't battle for thread count.
Hey James (or Mike, or anyone from Epaulet), just to clarify about the hatch grain: Are we using the same leather source as that G&G wholecut posted a while back, seen here? Or can we not be sure about that?       I just ask because it looks so different on the wholecut compared to that chukka that Mike posted recently, and I'm not sure if that's because it's a different leather, or it's finished differently, or it's waxed a bit, or whatever.