or Connect

Posts by diglett

I'm in the same boat; a few weeks ago I started to literally burst out of my favorite chinos (which replaced my older favorite chinos, which grew too small for me in a more peaceful manner).   The clothes won't stretch, but if you keep going hard on squats you'll have to replace your pants fairly often for a while. Suffer the fate of cheap(er) pants for the time being, and pray that your legs cool down eventually.   "Slim fit" is now your nemesis.
    Has anyone heard of the John Lobb "Heldons" pictured here? I found them here: http://www.upper-shoes.com/chaussures-luxe-hommes-john-lobb/2148,64-helldon.html but can't find them anywhere else online.       Or these unnamed (at least for me) EG boots?   Any idea where I could learn more about either pair, or other, similar tanker boots? A higher style like the Lobbs would be preferable, and ideally they'd be without a zipper, but I'll be...
What's the deal with these tanker boots? Does EG offer them at all, or was this a special order?
    Has anyone heard of the John Lobb "Heldon"? I found it here:   http://www.upper-shoes.com/chaussures-luxe-hommes-john-lobb/2148,64-helldon.html   and besides the zipper, it's a beautiful boot. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it on SF or anywhere else on the net.
I take the same size for Inca and Forest.
They definitely seem to be styled somewhat like a chukka at the top, but the opening on my pair isn't big enough to fit four fingers. I just tied the laces a bit tighter at the top, which doesn't look quite as nice, but closes the gap. If I leave the gap open, I can fit two fingers in there, but it's nothing crazy. Agreed. Just because they're not lasted doesn't mean they don't fit better; the difference is obvious on my pairs.
I'd actually prefer the Carmina trees, as my Epics don't fill out the instep and toes quite as well (maybe this is a sizing issue? Any input from other people with Epics?), and the closest alternative is C&J trees that go for $100 per pair.   Mike: Have we scrapped the chocolate calf/purple suede greeley in place of the purple calf/snuff suede?   And just re-upping my suggestion for a jodhpur or chelsea in hatchgrain. I know at least one other person was up for a...
I agree that most government guys could look better, but most people just don't care about clothes. By that same token, why isn't everyone on SF worried about being in perfect physical shape? Because working out (even though it makes you look better, much like clothes) is a niche interest, also like clothes.
For whatever reason, I already had that color in mind, even though the example of Loden shell that I found was much brighter:   http://obviousamerica.com/2011/05/22/yuketen-loden-shell-cordovan-penny-loafer/#more-654   That darker color looks REALLY good--the indoor subtlety/outdoor color would probably feel a lot like Ruby shell. And I just think that darker green looks more tough. Count me in.   Now I'm worried that this will turn into another cognac shell debacle, with...
Agreed; I haven't been a huge fan of chukkas since throwing away my Clarks a while back. What kind of boot (or shoe) would you like to see for that hatch grain?