or Connect

Posts by diglett

That could definitely be an issue; I've noticed a fair deal of slipping when I wear them unbuckled. It would probably be easier with heavy winter socks, but I think the whole look would just seem out of place during colder weather.
Speaking of the possible JL boot, what kind of makeups would you guys want? So far Mike's suggested cognac shell and black scotch grain, but those are really similar to the existing jumper boot and last year's black bal bot, respectively.   I kind of like aacrack's "Kensington" scotch grain, but am just tossing out ideas:  
Great monks, Jagger. I've enjoyed my caramel calf/snuff suede pairs, but admittedly they don't get worn too often when the weather is boot-friendly.   Do you wear yours unbuckled? I've liked the look of having the top buckle undone when I wore them that way a few times.
Even if my quads would fit into jeans anymore, my legs would still be too big to look good in them, especially when coupled with dressy shoes.   It's one of the only things that makes me envy those skinny guys on tumblr with their slim jeans that they never grow out of. [[SPOILER]]
The back of that doesn't have Carmina's common quarter-circle tab at the top of the heel stitching. I don't know if that's on every pair of their shoes, so I can't be sure.
Heavens, no. Chinos. 
I can only vouch for it in a casual setting, but it's been extremely easy to wear for me. Like runningfrog said, it works well with blues, greys, and even light browns.
You're best off PMing Mike (username Epaulet). Most people size down between 0.5 and 1 from their US sizes (so an 8UK or 8.5UK for you), but it depends on foot shape/last. Check out the Carmina sizing thread.
A lot of the confusion in the comments seems to based around the idea that "the same pair of pants" can be had for $50, $30, or even $15. The average person, at least in America, couldn't care less about how something fits or feels as long as it stays on the body and isn't too tight, so most people don't understand why anything would warrant a higher price than what they bought at Walmart.   I definitely feel a huge disconnect between myself and my peers when it comes to...
Woah. Where'd you pick those up, Gerry? They're beautiful.