or Connect

Posts by diglett

grumblegrumbleItoldyouso
^ 5 layers in one go? Do you wait at all between those coats? I had my first experience with wax a few months ago and it ended up cracking a bit.
Holy smokes, that's beautiful. From Skoak, right? How did you do it? Just wax, layer after layer? I really need to step up my shoe shine game.
I'm actually bracing myself for even more orders in the next few months, seeing as we're now looking at an Autumn delivery, which means primetime boot season. I already have bragging rights () to the best boot collection on campus, by far, but heaven knows we can always do with more boots. No chance of snagging a pair of EGs, though; still a bit too far out of my price range. I got the calf/suede boot when it was first offered, and I've never regretted it. I wear it...
I took delivery on my ruby bal boots, cognac jumper boots, and ruby captoes (from the original run; they'd been sitting at the cobbler waiting for toe taps since January) within a week. Overwhelming, but very exciting.   With that being said, I am frighteningly unprepared for delivery of the Lama boot, as far as money goes. The MTOs are so enticing with their seemingly cheap deposits, and then it comes time to pay the piper...
  I've decided to just thank my lucky stars that my Skoak jumper boot came out in the shade of Cognac that I wanted, and to never again go for a Cognac MTO. Tooooo risky.
Slow down there, moneybags, you're going to give me a panic attack with those shipping costs.
^ Are they your first pair of shell shoes   Aaaand I just realized whose comment that was as I was typing that question. I'd give them some more time, but that's just because my shell shoes have all been woefully tight on my left (larger) foot for the first few wears, to the point of physical pain, and only became comfortable after about an hour on my feet for each wear, and then eventually they just broke in after a few weeks.
You know you're buying too many shoes when you read one of Mike's upcoming delivery lists, see a shoe that makes you think "Huh that sounds pretty cool, I wish I had heard of that earlier," only to realize that you've already bought it.    Mike, what's up with the differences in the lizard patterns based on color? The black has a killer grain, but a black pair wouldn't get as much action as dark brown. Anyway, my vote (still) goes for a lizard Chelsea or Jodhpur. 
^ I really wouldn't recommend a cognac MTO, just because of how much the shell can vary. Everyone has a different preference for which shade they want, so obviously not everyone can be pleased with what they get.