or Connect

Posts by diglett

Uuuuuh... 
I doubt it would be worth the money to have them altered, even if you managed to find someone who could do it (unlikely, I think). If the hand opening is too small, you'll just have to opt for a different style; all of my gloves have notches at the wrist so that the hand opening is comfortable to pull over your hand. Bummer about the whole situation.
It might not be orange, exactly, and I suspect the light is bringing out even more orange than usually, but I agree that it's not the brown color.   Email CJ and tell them what's up. If anything, I'd be more concerned about the fit than the color; those look pretty big on you.
Rain seems a bit longer because it's narrower and more chiseled toward the front. Similar raised toeboxes. Rain also seems to be a bit wider around the ball of the foot, but that may be because my Queens pair is shell and my Rain pairs are calf and suede. I take the same size in both. I did my best to line them up at the back. Both 9UK. Shell pair - QueensSuede pair - Rain Toeboxes: And a shot from above. 
Are those the new Tobacco Dents?
I hear that; I wear pretty hard on the toes, so I have sunken metal taps in all of my leather-soled pairs. I've been using a local cobbler for the job (Sky Valet in DC, in case you're nearby), but I hear that B. Nelson in NY does a great job of it for a reasonable price (~$40 per pair), and the shipping is very manageable. (Free one-way, if I remember correctly)
Sushi, I definitely remember that feeling of worrying you'll quickly wear out your new shoes, but rest assured that they're far tougher than you can imagine. They'll take a beating.
Oh man, these would be brilliant for summer wear. Really love the irregular shape around the lacing.
I'm not sure about the black pair, but I know for a fact that the suede balmoral boots listed in the web shop are on a York sole--not quite Dainite, but mostly rubber.
Does anyone know anything about the different materials listed on the site? Noble vs. bear vs. velour high standard, etc.   Also, I went to checkout, and it seemed that VAT wasn't deducted at any point. Bummer.