or Connect

Posts by diglett

From what I understand, the whole "cedar helps suck the moisture out" is kind of BS, and the overwhelmingly more important function of the trees is to simply maintain the shape of the shoes as they air dry on their own. With that in mind, the finish is of no consequence. 
My thoughts exactly. I shamelessly pull on my bright orange SWIMs when the weather gets really nasty; I used to think of galoshes as a resignation that your feet won't look good, but quite a few people have complimented my overshoes, if not for the form then for the function.
Pre-order for dark brown suede: http://www.gentlemensfootwear.com/collections/frontpage/products/pre-order-carmina-shoemaker-adelaide-in-dark-brown-suede Also MTO in scotch grain in the GF thread, as mentioned above.
Agreed. I picked up some EG Galways a few months ago (my first purchase beyond the Carmina price range) and was disappointed to find that the suede was not only not better, but actually somewhat unimpressive compared to Carmina's. I've been spoiled!
^ Damn I really like that cross lacing on the boot. I might have to try that with some of my bal boots.
 Excited to see what this looks like!
Hey Steve, any update on those vegano calf chelseas? Should we be getting invoices soon?
My only scotch grain boots seem to be only as durable as standard calfskin, with the only difference being the surface texture/appearance. I've never owned CXL, but if it's tougher than normal calf, it'll almost certainly be tougher than scotch grain.
Your call. I've had a loose stitch or two, and I've just snipped them off and never worried about them again. Never had any problems later on.
This is just an educated guess, but we're probably looking at late December for everything ordered now. Possibly a bit later given that the Carmina factory shuts down for a while around this time of year.