or Connect

Posts by diglett

Thanks Steve (and Justin!) for the updates; I'm excited for my first pairs of chelseas!
Any news on the vegano calf or brown suede chelseas?
I can vouch for Carmina dainite being really slim. I've seen some non-Carmina dainite soles (double Dainite, I suppose) and they're nightmarishly chunky.
Woah, just a month for a MTO? I have a single MTO in the works, and it had a ~4 month completion estimate.
For retailers online, check out: SkoaktiebolagetGentlemen's FootwearUnipairEpauletLeatherfootQuality ShopCarmina direct (carminashoemaker.com, but not recommended if you're considering doing a return). GF and Epaulet are in the US, west and east coasts, respectively.
They were about 2400 NOK, which was about $350 + shipping. Lizard is priced I think exactly the same, and suede/carpincho are about $100 cheaper.
I started drooling as soon as I saw these months ago, and stayed in contact with Stefan until they were in stock. He was immensely helpful about sizing with Mazzoleni (I had only ever worn Dents before), and soon enough I had my very own pair:   The thumb appears to have a loose fit in the first photo, but I assure you that they fit--heh--like a glove! Very nice and snug, and the python and lambskin are so nice along with the quality of fit that I had to order a few more...
Pretty sure the vegano brown and suede (snuff? I should probably know since I ordered a pair...) Chelseas are due for December.
Pretty sure those are reading/prescription glasses  As for the whole sockless hate, I tend to agree, and think that the word we're all looking for to describe the look is contrived. 
Size up and they'll always be a bit loose. Size down and they'll gradually stretch and end up feeling snug, if not ideal.