or Connect

Posts by AldenLuver

deleted
I could certainly be wrong, but they look exactly like the BB, Peal & Co. shell cordovan boots I saw a few days ago. I could swear they fit identically to my 325 lasted RL-Marlow Wingtips.
I have the RL-Marlow wingtip in 10D. Fit is okay but a little snug in the toe box.
It actually felt very similar to my RL-Marlow wingtips... a bit narrow in the toe box but roomy in the heel cup.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were built on the 325 last.
I stumbled across the BB shell cordovan cap toe boot (burgundy) at the BB on 20th and Broadway last night (few blocks south of the Flatiron building). It is 50% off, $498. They have 9D and 10D in stock. Was tempted but the fit wasn't great for me. Labeled Peal & Co, but pretty sure they are C&J. They do have some shop wear on them. 9D is on double leather and the 10D is on dainite.
Winter and fall months may make the commando soles more appropriate for the elements for a boot like this.
Love the boots.  The scarf is pretty cool too!  Nice wife!
I doubt I would return that as a first.  Great looking boots!
This is certainly possible, but I suppose my point was that AE does not offer a better value for the money, unless you go with their seconds from the Shoe Bank. That is how I value AE and thus that's how I come to my dichotomy about price and affordability.  This is simply my opinion and contribution to a thread comparing AE and Alden.  You are certainly entitled to your opinions @RogerP and @archibaldleach.  I have several C&J models and have had Carmina shoes as well.  I...
You are certainly within your rights to do so.  I think you have the wrong thread though...  . I believe Carmina falls within that price range (with calf at the bottom end--$500+ and shell cordovan at the top end--$750).  I believe Vass is more expensive with these same materials.  While I like Vass, Carmina is disappointing imo.  Keep in mind that most of my opinions come from my preference for shell cordovan.