or Connect

Posts by RedDevil10

A good start, amigo!
Holiday Break   Happy Holidays to all!  Shoe Shine Sunday is on a holiday break this week, but we'll see you all back here next week in the new year.  Cheers!
 Looks like you may have just overdone it with the amount of wax or, most likely, the pressure when applying the wax.  Brush/buff the existing wax off after drying and then continue with very thin applications of wax with light pressure, allowing each layer to dry followed by brushing/buffing.  
Christmas Prep Edition With Christmas events coming up, today's Shoe Shine Sunday is a refresh for some Saint Crispin's 105s in crust calf. Join me by posting before and after photos here of your own polish job today! Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)! Without further ado, let's get to it...   [[SPOILER]]  Before  This pair hasn't been worn all that much but, as is common for mirror-finished toe caps,...
Ha, sure - with enough time and effort.
Q&A Edition Two   For today's Shoe Shine Sunday I'm hanging around again and taking all shoe shine questions! Join me by posting any shoe shine questions here, as well as before and after photos here of your own polish job today!   Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)!   Without further ado, let's get to it...      
 One thing to keep in mind is that using a lot of wax all at once has the tendency to cause more problems than it solves, although I'm glad this round seems to have worked out for you.  Using a minimal amount of polish does take longer, but builds a better base/foundation, has more depth and, in my opinion, is much easier to take care of in the long run.
 @suitntieguy  Q1:  That depends a bit on the maker and source of the shell cordovan... Q2:  There is a Shoe Shine Sunday post on some mirror shine questions here. Q3:  There is a Shoe Shine Sunday post on navy shell here.
Q&A Edition   For today's Shoe Shine Sunday I'm hanging around and taking all shoe shine questions! Join me by posting any shoe shine questions here, as well as before and after photos here of your own polish job today!   Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)!   Without further ado, let's get to it...      
Thanksgiving Prep Edition With the long Thanksgiving weekend winding down and winter ever imminent, today's Shoe Shine Sunday is a simple winter preparation for some new Carmina boots in snuff suede. Join me by posting before and after photos here of your own polish job today! Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)! Without further ado, let's get to it...  [[SPOILER]]  As these boots are brand new and I'm...