or Connect

Posts by RedDevil10

Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Many of you who have visited my Tom Ford Private Label/CREED decant threads have asked about larger splits as well.  Having run out of my last few TFPB scents to offer in decant sizes, now is the time to put all of those inquiries together!  Thus, I am organizing splits of the TFPB fragrances listed below.   The splits will work differently from the TFPB/CREED decants that I offer elsewhere and will operate on a first-come-first-served sign...
A lot of brushing and, if you so desire, a minute amount of wax after said brushing, followed by more brushing.
 Occasionally extend your polishing area into the lighter portions in order to create a natural blend.
Super Bowl Edition   We're taking today off, in honor of our great American past time — eating, drinking and watching commercials on television.  We'll see you all next weekend for the start of something fun!    
Nice!You can use wax on she'll, but generally only on she'll from certain makers, e.g., Alden.Well, you're in the right place...
Q&A Edition   For today's Shoe Shine Sunday I'm hanging around and taking all shoe shine questions! Join me by posting any shoe shine questions here, as well as before and after photos here of your own polish job today!  Also, stay tuned for exciting news in the next couple of weeks!   Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)!   Without further ado, let's get to it...  
Hey all - Shoe Shine Sunday is taking a day off here, due to a super fun illness. We'll be back next Sunday!
hey guys - making my quarterly contribution    
 Many Alden fans use only a minute amount of wax every so often to finish polishing their Alden shell cordovan. The use of wax on Alden cordovan is often attributed to the unique finishing that Alden applies to its cordovan (as well as to Alden's own directions).  On other cordovan, e.g., Carmina, cordovan-specific cream is generally fine and you could use a bit of wax every so often.  Regardless, less is always more when it comes to cordovan care.
 Stay tuned - there should be some new content coming.