or Connect

Posts by GothamRed

coming soon...              

and looking a little further ahead...     
coming soon    
Yak Hair? Welcome back to Shoe Shine Sunday, this time with an edition focused on The Hanger Project's Yak Hair Brush, complete with video.    [[SPOILER]]     Shining a shoe, like any polishing activity, involves building a finish using different levels of abrasion to help create the "shine" at the end of the process.  Much like sandpaper, different shoe brushes vary in their abrasion ranging from rough, e.g., pig bristle, to fine, e.g., goat hair.  Other brush variables...
@flvinny521 It depends.Generally speaking, brand new, softer wax will require lighter pressure in order to work the wax to harden without disturbing the layers underneath, no matter how many have already been applied, EXCEPT at the end of an application when the wax has worked to a hardened state - then a bit more pressure can be used to finish the layer (with appropriate water or water/alcohol mixture).With older, hardened wax a bit more pressure can generally be used...
Thanks, @heldentenor - more to come!
Welcome Back! Welcome back to Shoe Shine Sunday, this time with a holiday edition focused on the "mirror shine," complete with video.    [[SPOILER]]  I've posted details on the "mirror shine" in the past and many people have their own special process, so I won't go through my process here in a step-by-step post. Instead, we thought that some videos of the process might help all of you a bit more.  The videos are broken into three (3) phases, each of which phase has a...
 Thanks for contributing, especially given the circumstances — condolences.
coming soon