or Connect

Posts by garyinla

hi  if still available pls email me garyinla at aol.com
Lunor is pre WWII England styling.  If you read through the Lunor website, there are references to trying to emulate/influenced by these very vintage high quality glasses.   Lunor resembles 80's-90's because some of the styles came back in vogue, but the original frames were much smaller, as are Lunor's.  When I discovered Lunor frames i was disappointed that they only come in small lens sizes ie 42-46cm, i was looking for 49 like the 1980's frames.   The reason the...
these are shuron sidewinders    
AO used to have the contract to supply miltary.  Then RE won the contract.  The designs may be dictated by military so thats why they look the same.
I wear the Sidewinders because they fit me a little better, because they come in 50-20.   The Freeway are only available in 50-22 not 50-20.   There are more color selections in Freeway.      
This is an old post below, maybe it is more common knowledge about Barton Perriera now.  It is a company started by 2 people who worked for Oliver Peoples.   One of them is Patty Perriera, i forgot the name of the guy who is the co-founder.    Their frames are very popular now and worn by some celebrities, etc. I dont know anything about the manufacturing or distribution but the company has a website with very nice photos of all of their model frames and links to all of...
  Check out the Shuron Ronsir on the shuron.com website.  They are sold by framesdirect.com and bestbuyeyeglasses.com.   Shuron was manufacturing the clubmaster style before Rayban.  The Rayban Clubmaster came out to compete with the Shuron model.   Shuron (at least the company name is same as it always was but the ownership of course changed, they went through all sorts of corporate changes over years) still makes the Ronsir.   Rayban started making Clubmasters again a...
Reading through old messages (see below) - - this is my favorite style.  It is called panto or p3.   I started wearing them in around 1989, a Giorgio Armani frame model 138 (which is almost the same as model 147.)    Very recently Giorgio Armani has come out with some retro frames that are similar.   I dont recall the model numbers but if you look on framesdirect.com you can see them.      From my reading/googling so i could find out what these are to look for...

I think the reason it is called "executive" is that it is something that might be most useful for someone doing very heavy reading, such as a copy editor or someone reading contracts all the time, etc.