or Connect

Posts by RefleX

That's not what happened but thank you. I was originally going to return them as defective, now I'm going to get fitted properly and mess with the sizes, which is what everyone suggested.  Why is everyone so arrogant with this crap? We're talking about shoes....   
I'll give it a shot. I'm going to also switch to a EEE first and see if it still bows. If it does, theres no way I can do this last. 
Alright, I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I think I'm going to exchange my Strands for a different size. I'm between an 11.5 E or 11 EEE. Right now there is about an inch from my big toe to the end of the toebox in the 12D. I need more heel width and I guess I should have more width in general. I'm almost positive that the lack of heel room is causing the bowing. Do you think I should drop a full size with EEE with that bad of bowing and the inch of room up front? 
Shoes in the middle please. See here for bigger picture. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q94mNatWthE/TK58fi_V6XI/AAAAAAAAKfs/AlF6ILV2bIg/s1600/front.JPG
Thanks. I'm assuming it has something to do with me. I don't know why this thread got so hostile, just asking for advice and options. Is there a way to get fitted and then from there find out what shoe manufacturer to start looking at?  Also, would it be possible that a wider fit might resolve the issue or is it probably the last itself? The McAllisters and Strands seem to bow a bit. I'm just really pissed off because I love the style of them. I got the McAllister in...
At this point the PA's can't be returned so I am going to try and get the heel stretched a tiny bit to see if that makes an improvement.
No, I bought two other pairs in the same last that haven't been worn. It was a stupid move, I really wasn't pay attention to the issue at hand.    
They were purchase last year at the Anniversary Sale, not 2nds. Haven't worn them that much recently. Is there a way a cobbler could stretch the bottoms out slightly to alleviate the pressure that causes bowing? Everything about the rest of the shoe is very comfortable. 
I've been messing around with them and I think I know what the issue. On the narrow lasts, when you press down on the heel, your foot expands outwards and presses the bottom of the heel leather out, which in turn presses the top out and causes the bowing issue. I wonder if a cobbler could fix this by slightly expanding the bottom, or just returning for a wider pair. 
I guess I just have to return them and get professionally fitted. But will they know exactly what last I'll need? How do Alden lasts run?