or Connect

Posts by RefleX

Hard to capture of picture of it, I'm not a photographer. This is my first shell cordovan anything. It felt plasticky at first but its starting to break in and has a nice gloss to it. The surface reflection seems a bit uneven so I'm not sure if it's normal to polish it. What do you think?  
Decided to go for both Horween Clarks. The interior seems a little bit more well made around the heel from my previous clarks. Here's a couple photos.       
Thanks, this puts me at ease a bit. I have a bit of strange creasing under the wing tip on my McAllisters but I guess I should just enjoy the shoes. 
Those of you that have multiple pairs on the same last and same size, do you find that each style wears/feels a bit different? I have a pair of Strands in Walnut 11EEE that fit perfect, but a pair of McAllisters in Black that fit a bit tighter and crease in different areas. 
Spoke with an AE rep and she stated that some times people's feet don't work well with the thinner leather of the PA's. The rear of the strands have that border around the top line of the quarter, maybe that's why they fit great on me and don't warp. I guess I'll trade them for Black Strands. Black McAllisters seem a little too busy for me.
I'm just very scatter brained at this point. Imagine getting your hopes up 4 times in a show and then getting crushed. I considered trading them for Black Strands because I've had better luck with the Walnuts. They just seem to fit completely different overall which doesn't make any sense to me. 
I sent them an email. I think it's just a defect with the PA's. The strands have that extra brogue strip around the top line so maybe they keep better?
And to add to this, my 11 EEE Strands fit perfectly. 
I don't know if I should give up on Park Avenues or not. EVERY single pair I've gotten from Nordstrom's is defective. The last one, the left side fits like a D not EEE. Meanwhile, the other two pairs fit like normal, except the rear quarters are stretched out. Should I be contacting AE directly?
Now, Nordstrom sends my third replacement out for the Park Avenues that were defective.They sent me a pair of black Cliftons by accident. I am going to lose my mind.