or Connect

Posts by RefleX

I already sent them an email. The spot definitely was not there when I first received them, there's absolutely no way anything could have spilled on them. I tried putting some of the black cordovan cream they supplied on the shoes and it made it streaky, almost looks like it created fine scratches after I brushed it off. I'm starting to get really upset and I'm considering ever buying shoes from them again. 
No, they were ordered directly from Allen Edmonds as a replacement because I was having issues with my calf PA's 
Thankfully it looks worse than in real life, but it looks like it may be an issue with the finish as well. You should be able to clearly see what I mean in this picture. 
Hey All, I recently acquired a pair of Black Shell Cordovan Allen Edmonds Park Avenues about a month or two ago. I haven't actually worn them yet. I inspected them thoroughly when they came in and didn't see any blemishes. I had them stored in the closet and today I took them out to start the break in process.  I noticed that the finish looked a bit dull but it mostly brushed out. One thing that startled me is that the shoes look like they are developing a reddish...
I bought a cheap Gap Herringbone blazer for now (losing weight) and I was initially concerned about the shoulders being too small or too big. I looked online and it almost looks like they are considered a "roped shoulder" where the arm sits slightly higher than the shoulder. Does this look to be correct?
I have a big face and I'm looking for something in the 63mm+ range and 15mm + bridge. I saw there Vuarnets that I liked, but I was wondering if there are other options for quality. Vuarnet VL 1308
I'm definitely in the more conservative camp when it comes to socks and shoelaces. Too bright and attention grabbing for me. 
My collection so far. I need some black Cap Toe Balmorals for formal occasions but I keep running into issues with the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue rear quarters being warped. I might go Alden Shell Cordovan instead. Need to find a place to be fitted. Left to Right: Walnut Strand, Black McAllister, Chili McAllister (all calf)    
Hard to capture of picture of it, I'm not a photographer. This is my first shell cordovan anything. It felt plasticky at first but its starting to break in and has a nice gloss to it. The surface reflection seems a bit uneven so I'm not sure if it's normal to polish it. What do you think?  
Decided to go for both Horween Clarks. The interior seems a little bit more well made around the heel from my previous clarks. Here's a couple photos.